Zeus Heavy Rifle
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
The Zeus Heavy Rifle was designed by Federated Industries for pure stopping power. Though it has less range than other ballistic rifles, the Zeus' popularity is such that it is widely copied and produced throughout the Inner Sphere. The Zeus fires a 700-grain, 13mm bullet at five times the speed of sound, producing a very audible crack and muzzle flash which can give away the firer's position but allows them to easily penetrate body armor. It also produces such horrific recoil that even a strong man would hesitate to fire it twice, at least willingly. While most human opponents will go down to a single shot from the Zeus, some, including certain Manei Domini models, do require multiple shots before being killed.
- Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 135, "Zeus Heavy Rifle"
- Dagger Point, ch. 25
- Close Quarters, ch. 38
- Black Dragon, ch. 26
- A Time of War, p. 251, "Storming The Objective (short story)"
- A Time of War, p. 266, "Ballistic Weapons - Table"