Zhanzheng de Guang
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
Though active after the Fourth Succession War, the organization first came to widespread notice when it attacked police units and garrison forces on Aldebaran, Zurich, Styk, and Gan Singh in 3056. Throughout the rest of the year members continued their attacks, expanding to Acamar, Fletcher, and Nanking. As 3056 and 3057 continued, the Zhanzheng de Guang members committed bombings, bank robberies, and other acts in order to strain the local government's law enforcement capabilities. As soon as Operation Guerrero commenced, the Zhanzheng de Guang stepped up their efforts, and took control of Zurich, establishing the "People's Liberation Party."
The Zhanzheng de Guang prior to 3054 was an semi-organized and undisciplined group of criminals. In 3054 Maskirovka agents landed on multiple worlds and provided training and guidance. The Zurich cell was particularly effective; They overthrew the planetary government. By contrast, the Fletcher based organization tried to overthrow the planetary government but lacked any external support, largely destroying the organization on that world. In 3067 the Maskirovka continued to fund Zhanzheng de Guang cells that still operated in the Chaos March.
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 16
- Shattered Sphere, p. 68
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 56
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 106
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 57
- Bred for War, p. 175
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 157
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 155
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 107
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao, p. 5