Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Zlatousi neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||427.28 : 219.67[e]|
- 2571 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2581 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2583 - Outworlds Alliance (under Draconis Combine occupation from February)
- 2585 - Draconis Combine (from August)
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2764 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2767 - Draconis Combine 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2825 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3059 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3081 - Draconis Combine 
- 3085 - Raven Alliance 
- 3130 - Raven Alliance 
- 3135 - Raven Alliance 
- 3145 - Raven Alliance 
Zlatousi was a world on the border between the Outworlds Alliance and the Draconis Combine when Operation UNION HOLD began in 2581. With the intention of forcibly incorporating the Outworlds Alliance into the Star League following the mass rejection of the Pollux Proclamation in 2575 by the major Periphery states, the invasion of the Outworlds Alliance saw two corps of Star League Defense Force troops and a mixed brigade of DCMS forces begin systematically occupying Alliance worlds. Zlatousi escaped the attentions of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force until September 2582.
Outraged by the manner in which the Federated Suns managed to annex a number of Outworlds Alliance worlds in defiance of the plans of General Amos Forlough, commanding officer of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force, Coordinator Hehiro Kurita responded to what he perceived as an affront to his honour by recalling the various regiments of the Galedon Regulars due to act in support of Forlough's planned strike on Ki Zoban and instead instructed Sho-sho Masao Igushi to target worlds along the Combine/Alliance border. The Coordinator also removed all of the materiel the Combine had supplied to the task force equipment caches to support the Galedon regiments, disrupting or preventing months of planned SLDF combat operations. While Forlough raged over Kurita's actions, Sho-sho Igushi deployed three regiments of Galedon Regulars against the worlds of Kazanka, Nexus Ri and Zlatousi.
When the Twenty-fourth Galedon Regulars faced the Alliance forces on Zlatousi, they found that the Alliance defences were stronger and deeper than originally anticipated. The Twenty-fourth had the support of paired regiments of armor and infantry, and all of the 'Mechs on Zlatousi belonged to the Twenty-fourth, with the exception of a handful of old, light Alliance 'Mechs. The mass executions on Medron, Valentina and other occupied worlds by both Combine and Star League forces had increased militia recruitment tenfold; while elements of the Alliance First Armored Division and Second Armored Division were already in place on Zlatousi, they were backed up by a local militia which provided both armor and heavy infantry support. While the militia units lacked experience, they had been trained well by advisors from the AFFS provided by the Federated Suns under the Tancredi Accord, and had superior numbers on their side.
Rather than a swift rout of light militia forces as had happened on worlds like Schirmeck, the battle for Zlatousi rapidly became a conventional war; the Mechs of the Galedon Regulars made swift gains initially, but were facing twice their number of tanks and infantry and the Alliance forces consistently surrounded the Combine 'Mechs, preventing them from breaking out to attack the civilian population. The Combine forces still made daily gains, and were supported by weekly supply shipments, but the Alliance forces resisted for the remainder of 2582; by the time the elements from the Armored Divisions had been reduced to ghosts of their former selves and forced to retreat off-world on the 27th of January, the resistance offered by the Alliance forces on Kazanka, Nexus Ri and Zlatousi had forced the Combine forces to burn through a supply reserve meant to support the entire campaign against the Alliance for a year in just three short months.
Zlatousi was lost to the Outworlds Alliance, and would remain an occupied world under the 19th Galedon Regulars until the 1st of August 2585 when it and 13 other worlds were formally ceded to the Draconis Combine as a part of the terms laid out within the Treaty of Cerberus. Despite being a loss for the Alliance, the battle for Zlatousi helped buy time for the Alliance to build up it's forces and further fortify inner worlds for the battles that would come in later years of the invasion.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Nexus Ri||15.5||Kazanka||20.0||Milligan's World||23.3||Tabayama||23.8|
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 147, "Outworlds Alliance after Age of War (2571) and at the Fall of the Star League (2750)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 106, "Reunifications War: Outworlds Alliance Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 121-122, "Kazanka, Nexus Ri and Zlatousi"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Year Five: Peace In Our Time"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 36, "Outworlds Alliance Militia Deployment Map - "
- Fiel Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 25, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra, p. 98, "Outworlds Alliance - ] Map
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 60, "Snakes and Sneaks"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 193, "Draconis Combine - Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Outworlds Alliance"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 150, "Outworlds Alliance (3067)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldier Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 141, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: DCMS
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition