16th Battle (Clan Wolf)
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Nickname||The Golden Hags|
|Parent Formation||Gamma Galaxy|
The Sixteenth Battle Cluster has history of unorthodox and small-unit tactics. The Cluster's Trinaries each have their own combat style, and this leads to some factionalism in the Cluster.
Early 31st Century
Prior to the the Clans returning to the Inner Sphere, the Sixteenth Battle Cluster was deployed to the Clan Jade Falcon world of Glory. The Cluster was lead by Star Colonel Mikel Furey, which they conducted a Trial of Possession for the genetic legacy of Garrison's commander, Star Colonel Kael Pershaw. Star Captain Dwillt Radick out bidded his fellow Star Captain won right to fight the Trial. Among first opening moves, he had his Aerospace fighter attack inbound Jade Falcon DropShip was included in Pershaw's forces. Dwillt's fighter manage to knockout the Falcon Dropship into dangerous region of Glory known as the Blood Swamp. In the course of this trial, the Cluster was defeated by efforts then Aidan Pryde in his freebirth guise of Star Commander Jorge. Aidan's plan allowed for his force come behind the Clan Wolf's assault and destroy the Clan's Command & Communication Dome successfuly defeating 16th Cluster's forces. At end of the Battle, Dwillt Radick offered himself as bondman to Pershaw, but was released immediately.
The 16th Battle Cluster's combat record, with its nearly even ratio of spectacular victories and spectacular failures, prompted the Wolf Khans to keep them out of the fighting.
The unit participated as part of the battle bitter fights of the Refusal War. ...
As of 3052 the commanding officer was Star Colonel Dwillt Radick. A strong Crusader, he frequently assigned Star Captain Craig Ward, a strong Warden, to dangerous situations that led many to think the Star Colonel was trying to get Ward killed.
- Supernova Command (2 OmniMech/Elemental Novas) - Star Colonel Dwillt Radick
- Supernova Second (2 OmniMech/Elemental Novas) - Star Captain Craig Ward
- Supernova Third (2 OmniMech/Elemental Novas) - Star Captain Chun Vickers
- Trinary Fighter (3 OmniFighter Stars) - Star Captain Vic Leroux
- Support Vessels:
In the later Clan Field Guides set after Refusal War, the 16th Battle Cluster is no longer listed in either "new" Clan Wolf nor its Warden Clan Wolf-in-Exile. It is assumed the unit did not survive the Refusal War.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Era Report: 3052, p. 45
- ↑ Bloodname, chapters 2-20 - 16th Battle Cluster's battle with Glory Station Garrison Cluster.
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans p. 144, 192, "Cluster Index" - 16th does not appear in master listing, nor with Gamma Galaxy.
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 166, "Deployment Table for Jan. 3061 does not include the 16th Battle Cluster among the Wolf-in-Exile forces".