1st Kittery Training Battalion
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Is MechWarrior 5 About To Go Epic Exclusive?
- Read more →
|1st Kittery Training Battalion|
|Unit Profile (as of 3068)|
|Parent Formation||Regional Training Battalions|
First Kittery Training Battalion was formed in 3026, by order of Prince Hanse Davion as part of a experiment in training for non-academy MechWarriors. The 1st Kittery first this type of training command to see combat.
After the unit's formation, command was given to Major Justin X. Allard. He was personally assigned to the training unit by Prince Hanse Davion due to his mixed Capellan heritage, and he served a dual role as Emissary to the people of Kittery in an effort to normalize relations. From its conception, Training Sergeants command Cadet Mechwarriors through classes and drills, ranging from boot camp to using actual BattleMechs themselves on deployed maneuvers.
In November 3026 a Capellan raiding force attacked the unit during a training excerise. The Battalion was outfitted with 30 Stinger light BattleMechs, while its two officers were assigned a Spider and a Valkyrie from another nearby unit, the Kittery Borderers. The unit faced a company of Cicada 'Mechs, which had split up and come in from all directions except for the west. Major Allard detected a heavy 'Mech further to the west, and contacted his XO, Lt. Andrew Redburn, assigning command of the unit to him while Allard dealt with the new threat. The Cadets rallied and combined their fire against the Capellan 'Mechs. By using their superior numbers and their jump jets, they took advantage of the valley's benefits to their lighter 'Mechs. The cadets, lead by Lt. Redburn, overcame the ambush and forced the veteran troops to flee. Shortly after the battle, they discovered the wreck of the Major's Valkyrie. Allard was found alive, but having lost his left forearm after fighting a Rifleman (piloted by Gray Noton) Heavy 'Mech to a draw.
The 1st Kittery Training Battalion and the 1st Kittery Borderers were attacked on Kittery by the 13th Division of the Word of Blake Militia during the Capellan Counter-assault, Operation Thunderstrike. Both Units were reported as being destroyed by the 9th of November, 3068.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Lyran Guards|
|Major||Justin Allard||3026|
|Major||Andrew Redburn||3026-3027|
|Colonel||Leona Peterson||3067|
1st Kittery Training Battalion (Battalion/Green/Reliable)
1st Kittery Training Battalion (Battalion/Green/Reliable) 
1st Kittery Training Battalion (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Kommandant Raul Bethune
- CO: Major Raul Berthune
- Several of the MechWarriors in the 1st Kittery Training Battalion have names that are an apparent homage to the original nine Knight's Templar: Hugues de Payen, Godfrey de Saint-Omer, Payne de Monteverdi (Montdidier), Archambaud de St. Agnan, Andre de Montbard, Geoffrey Bison, and two men recorded only by the names of Rossal and Gondamer. The names of the MechWarriors are Corporal Payen Montdidier, Andrew Montbard, Archie St. Agnan, Geoff St Omer, and Hugh de Payens. 
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 12, "Hanse Davion named as creator of Training Battalion program".
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 7, "Justin Allard remisses his secondary objective of being assigned to Kittery".
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 13, "Cicadas attacked the Training Battalion".
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 8, "Lt. Redburn reports on 'Mechs loaned from 1st Kittery Borderers".
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 136, "Regional Training Battalion Profile"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 28, "Kittery Liberated!"
- Objective Raids, p. 14, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 132, "1st Kittery Training Battalion Unit Profile"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137
- 20-Year Update, p. 21
- History of the Knights Templar
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 30-31 "Redburn accounts for the deployment of his trainees"
- Warrior: Riposte, p. 50-58 "Redburn's cadre dines in Shaoshan on Kittery"