20th Fleet (SLDF)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||SLDF Naval Command|
Between 2756 and 2764 the Twentieth Fleet was commanded by Admiral Terrance Gerhardt. Admiral Gerhardt was relieved of command for conduct unbecoming a Star League officer and was being investigated for fraud and profiteering. With such an example, the Twentieth's poor performance wasn't surprising. Admiral Groll assumed command in 2764, and nine months of training against the Third Fleet allowed the Twentieth to pass the SLDF's minimum performance requirements. Though their training operations took place at New Earth, the Twentieth sent a contingent of their staff officers to Tentavia in 2765. This spurred rumors that the Twentieth would deploy to the Taurian Concordat front.
When the Periphery Uprising began the independent Twentieth Fleet was conducting exercises within the Terran Hegemony, complete with observers from the Rim Worlds Republic aboard a number of ships. The Twentieth quickly rearmed and prepared for an operational deployment, but General Aleksandr Kerensky opted to hold Admiral Groll and the Twentieth in reserve. As the conflict in the Periphery escalated the Twentieth moved forward, deploying to bases within the Federated Suns in 2765 in ancitipation of combat operations in the Periphery, but before the go order was given, news of Stefan Amaris' coup reached the SLDF.
201st Line Squadron (Gust Front)
202nd Line Squadron (The Stand-Ins)
203rd Pursuit Squadron (Banshee Wind)
- CO: Vice Admiral Constance Hensleigh
204th Reconnaissance Squadron (The Spritely Eyes)
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 238
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 48, "Twentieth Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 238, "Twentieth Fleet"