2nd Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Is MechWarrior 5 About To Go Epic Exclusive?
- Read more →
|2nd Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
When the 2nd Confederation Reserve Cavalry formed is not precisely known, as the earliest reference to its existence came in 3025 when it was mentioned as being stationed in defense of the planet Palos. It was one of the two Reserve Cavalry regiments to survive the Fourth Succession War.
It can be assumed that the unit spent most of the war in defensive rotation among several worlds as did their sister units.
4th Succession War
In the Sixth Wave of the Fourth Succession War the Gamma and Delta Regiments of the 12th Vegan Rangers made a difficult landing on Palos and were ambushed at the approaches of the capital Xer by the 2nd Reserve.. The next day the Rangers advanced on the city and met a combined force of infantry, tank, and ‘Mechs at battalion strength from the 2nd Reserve. The defenders overextended themselves and, when they refused to surrender, were destroyed. This defeat forced the rest of the 2nd Reserve from the planet.
Xin Sheng Campaign
During the Capellan-St. Ives War 3060 to 3063 the unit recaptured Ambergrist in conjunction with the Hustaing Warriors. They had several other operations in the war before taking garrison duty on Denbar.
During the FedCom Civil War the 2nd Reserve first rotated to Purvo and then after that to their home world of Necromo in anticipation of action spilling over the border. On at least two occasions the 2nd Reserve prepared for an assault, alerted by troop movements in Commonwealth space, but it neither incident resulted in conflict.
Recently the 2nd Reserve has taken a more flippant attitude to combat possibly because of their actions with the notoriously undisciplined Hustaing Warriors.
The unit was plagued for many years by equipment failures to communication and targeting systems and has trained extensively without such gear. This training gives the unit excellent gunnery skills even when fighting with limited visibility.
2nd Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Capella's Bright Edge) (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- 1st Battalion: Zhong-shao Ichobod Vale
- 3rd Company: Sao-shao Tamara "T" Cross
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Cameron Davidson
- 3rd Battalion: Zhong-shao Kray Haveld
- Wing Commander: Kong-zhong-shao Gavin Darkseer
45th Armored Cavalry (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Zhong-shao Carl Nardan
- Only Tracked Vehicles, with long-range weapons and heavy armor
- Infantry Commander: Sao-shao Lawry Jung
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p.105 – Regiment Deployment Table
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 69, Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p.53 – Palos
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 70, 2nd Confederation Reserve Cavalry: Second Site
- Field Manual: Update, p. 22, 2nd Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- 20 Year Update, p. 62, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- House Liao (Confederation Capella) p. 105