2nd Loyalty Defenders
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Second Loyalty Defenders|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Loyalty Defenders|
The origin of the regiment can be traced to the resulting tragic aftermath of the destruction of Paradise by a military expedition from the Principality of Regulus. The Regulan expedition which was armed among other weapons, cobalt-laced nuclear weapons, were hunting down Word of Blake forces within the League and Paradise had signs of them being on planet. The sterilization of the the planet, prompted Duchess Vero Graham-Marik seek stronger alliance to protect her remaining worlds of her Duchy join Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. As part of exchange of joining the Commonwealth, Captain-General Marik would authorized and fund second battalion, the 2nd Loyalty Defenders, to help bolster defense of her remaining worlds.
Early Republic Era
Survivors from Paradise along with volunteers from worlds of Loyalty and Escobas would form the nueclus of the 2nd Loyalty in 3091 as part of the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. Due to their origin, the unit would harbor deep seated dislike for the Regulans.
In one of its more notable actions in 3097, the Defenders conducted an intelligence raid on the world of Ibarra. Defending the world was the Eighth Regulan Hussars, which were known for their heavy handed tactics. In this engagements, the Eighth would attempt to use one of its Tactical Nuclear weapons against the Second Loyalty. However, due to malfunction misfire, a population center would end up being destroyed.
Operation Hammerfall and Rise of the new Free Worlds League
In 3137, the Lyran Commonwealth would launch invasion into the former Free Worlds League and the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. During Hammerfall, the Second and its sister regiment would be involved in a number of actions against the Lyrans and their Clan Wolf allies as they dismantled the Commonwealth.
During the formation of the new Free Worlds League, the brigade would ally with Jessica Marik's coalition force. The Second Loyalty took part in supportive actions during Operation: Homecoming. The regiment along with other coalition forces engaged with Regulan troops to prevent them from aiding Regulans on Atreus. The Second would be teamed up with Sixth Oriente Hussars would attack Regulan Fiefs's Fifteenth Regulan Hussars during the operation.
After the formation of the new League, its high military command LCCC, the regiment would be assigned conduct operations against the Regulans due to its attitudes towards the Fiefs. The unit would be used to conduct intelligence gathering raids as well as counter any Regulan aggression against the newly formed Free Worlds League.
The 2nd Loyalty Defenders, like its sister unit, would be extensive trained in planetary defense tactics. Which would allow them to act in the role anvil, holding attacking forces in place for other forces to come in and hammer them.
- CO: Colonel Arnulfo Baker
Second Loyalty Armor Regiment (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Mbaye Drame
Second Loyalty Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Miguel Reyes
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 116, "Free Worlds League Military"
- Field Manual: 3145, p.111 Regulan Strategic Military Command - 8th Regulan Hussar - Entry includes Regulans fighting a Second Loyalty Defenders raid in 3097, resulting in a disaster for the Regulans.
- Field Manual: 3145, p.111 Regulan Strategic Military Command - 15th Regulan Hussar entry includes actions of the Second Loyalty Defenders during Operation Homecoming.