3rd Confederation Reserve Cavalry
|3rd Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3063)|
|Nickname||Casualties of War|
|Parent Formation||Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
They took part in the Fourth Succession War, defended the confederation during the combined Andurien-Canopus invasion, and fought in the Xin Sheng Campaign. Their tendency to fight to the last man rather than showing more prudent use of manpower and equipment has left them at the back of the resupply line and largely languishing.
Fourth Succession War
A battalion from the 3rd joined a company from Trimaldi's Secutors and a company of Lothar's Fusiliers in an attempt to destroy a supply depot on Kawich during Operation Riposte but was ambushed by infantry, armor, and a battalion of ‘Mechs from the 1st Davion Guards. When faced with the dug in defenders the commander ordered a retreat but many over enthusiastic warriors ignored the command and charged hopelessly into the ambush. 
Xin Sheng Campaign
During Operation: Sovereign Justice the 3rd fought on Homestead and Manapire. There they faced the Illician Lancers, fighting the skilled mercenaries to a standstill both times. They were recalled to Confederation space, where they split up into battalion sized groups and foiled attacks by both the Federated Suns and the Word of Blake. As of 3079 the Third was split up, with a short battalion on Tsingtao, Ares, and Capricorn III.
- 3062, the commanding officer was Sang-shao Petyr Oravey.
- 3063, the commanding officer was Sang-shao Martin Penwall.
- 3067, the commanding officer was Sang-shao Lyle Crawford.
The 3rd Reserves loss of aerospace assets and much of its armor has resulted in their relying on older doctrines.
3rd Conf. Reserve Cavalry (3 Battalions) (Regular/Reliable) 
3rd Confederation Reserve Cavalry (1 Regiment/Green/Questionable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Sang-shao Martin Penwall
- XO/2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Lyle Crawford
3rd Cavalry Armor (2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Sao-shao Gart Umbiqua
- Armor Commander (3067): Sao-shao Rigel Black
3rd Cavalry Support Staff (1 Company/Green/Questionable)
- Infantry Commander: Captain Erin Karata
- Infantry Commander (3067): Sao-shao Erin Karata
- Mostly Taurian Concordat troops on exchange
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, Regimental Deployment
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Field Manual: The Capellan Confederation, p. 71, 3rd Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- ↑ NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 92, Kawich
- ↑ The Killing Fields, p. 16
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Field Report: CCAF, p. 11
- ↑ The Killing Fields, p. 17
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Field Manual: Updates, p.32 - "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- ↑ House Liao (Confederation Capella) p. 105