(References to Akfata)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Akfata neighbouring systems
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3079 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3085 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3130 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3135 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3145 - Lyran Alliance 
In mid-February 3075 Akfata was raided by forces from the Democratic People's Army, the military force associated with the Democracy Now seperatist movement led by Lindon Ashley. The raiding force originated from the nearby world of Virtue, and the raid caused havoc on Akfata as the ruling family fled in response, leaving anarchy in their wake. Against a backdrop of mounting protest and public outcry over the methods used by Democracy Now, the Kaumberg Archonette deployed forces to assault Akfata on the 11th of April 3075. It took just three weeks for the Kaumberg Planetary Guard to recapture Akfata from the Democracy Now movement, and by May 1st Akfata was under the control of the Kaumberg Archonette once more. Although the campaign to recapture Akfata took place at the same time as the campaign to recapture Vermezzo, the Democracy Now forces on Akfata didn't resort to the scorched earth tactics used on Vermezzo or hostage taking, making the Akfata campaign by far the least costly and bloody of the two.
The Kaumberg Planetary Guard forces were commanded directly by Baron Erich Sheridan, and he waged an aggressive campaign, co-ordinated from his command point in orbit; the Kaumberg Planetary Guard troops dropped onto Akfata without bothering to establish orbit first, and launched a wave of attacks at a series of DPA strongholds. The hottest of the initial zones was the Bois Mort DropPort, located at the western edge of the Vallée Mortelle and site of the largest DPA BattleMech garrison. While the DPA was known to be employing mercenary units to augment their forces, the garrison at the DropPort proved to be both larger than expected and better-equipped, something that would provoke intense speculation afterwards. While the DPA had the benefit of much more advanced technology, the KPG had numbers on its side, particularly after Baron Sheridan diverted the bulk of the second wave of troops to join the attack on the DropPort. Despite the KPG forces being predominantly conventional units the DPA troops were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers deployed, despite many of the DPA MechWarriors fighting to the death, with several going so far as to detonate their own 'Mechs to prevent them being captured or salvaged.
With the DropPort secure and the bulk of the DPA 'Mech forces destroyed, Baron Sheridan ordered the bulk of the KPG forces to move on to support the first-wave attack in progress against the strongpoint known as Pectole, located in the mountains of Ouest Sauvage, leaving just a defensive contingent at the DropPort to discourage any attempts by the DPA to retake the facility. With the arrival of reinforcements from Bois Mort the KPG had overwhelming numbers compared to the DPA forces; in a marked contrast to the battle at the DropPort, the DPA troops showed no inclination to engage in suicidal tactics and swiftly surrendered.
With the Pectole garrison defeated, Baron Sheriden then deployed the combined KPG forces on to his third target, Cuir Vert. KPG troops had dropped to attack the capital city of Akfata as a part of the first wave, and the DPA was making determined efforts to hold the city. When forced to retreat having taken heavy losses the DPA burned a number of districts - both industrial and residential - to provide a distraction while they broke through the northern perimeter towards Le Peuplier de Saint Anthony, where the last battle for control of the planet would be fought.
Baron Sheridan's forces attempted to keep contact with the retreating DPA forces, but were unable to prevent them linking up with their compatriots at Le Peuplier and consolidating their defense against the Archonette troops. The DPA troops already at Le Peuplier were as well-equipped and determined as those met at Bois Mort, but despite inflicting heavy losses on the KPG they couldn't carry the day. The KPG assault began on Saturday the 1st of May, and took just thirty-seven hours to defeat the DPA and secure their strongholds on Akfata.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 126, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 14, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 16, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23-24, "Akfata Reclaimed"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Report: LAAF
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Handbook: House Steiner
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076