|Angel Light Strike Fighter|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine (Type)||Hermes 100 AeroFusion|
|Fuel||160 - 1 ton|
|BV (2.0)|| 145|
The Angel is a fusion-powered light-weight conventional fighter originally from the Free Worlds League. Like the Defender, the Angel was exported to every Successor State, becoming common across the Inner Sphere. In fact it is often known as the Light Strike Fighter.
With it's light weight and easy to produce equipment, the Angel can be built on nearly any industrialized world. Though not a substitute for an AeroSpace Fighter, the Angel serves very well as a reconnaissance craft and a light strike fighter. Capable of harassing ground units and outrunning nearly anything else in the air, in the right hands the Angel is a deadly foe.
The only drawback to this craft is its extremely light armor. A few well-placed SRM rounds or Machine Gun hits will easily destroy the Angel. Fortunately for its pilots, the extreme speed of the craft makes it difficult to hit.
The standard Angel mounts a single SRM-4 in the nose, fed by a ton of ammunition. Though unlikely to cause any serious fear in a MechWarrior or AeroSpace Fighter pilot, loading the launcher with Inferno ammunition types makes the Angel much more dangerous.
The Angel mounts two external hardpoints for bombs and other external ordnance. Combined with the craft's high speed, this capability makes it a decent tactical bomber.
As the Angel was distributed so widely across the Inner Sphere, every Great House is capable of manufacturing it. The Angel platform has also served as the basis for several variants.
- Angel Upgrade - This variant of the Angel replaces the SRM-4 with a Streak SRM-2 rack. BV (2.0) = 111
- Comet - A copy built by Lycomb-Davion IntroTech and Jalastar Aerospace for the Federated Suns. BV (2.0)= 129
- Suzume (Sparrow) - A Kurita variant using the Shinobi 70 Turbine, it upgrades the wing armor by 50% and swaps the SRM launcher for a single LRM-5 rack. BV (2.0)= 116, 120=
- Owl II - This Lyran variant replaces the standard SRM with a nose-mounted Medium Laser, wing mounted Small Lasers and an extra ton of fuel. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 191, 207
- Owl III - This variant has the same fuel capacity of the Owl II, but replaces the standard lasers with two nose-mounted |Extended Range Medium Lasers. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 329, 345
- Andurien - This variant used an AeroOmni 70 engine, this variant carries one ton of additional fuel, but also has a reduced maximum speed. Taking a cue from the Owl variants, the SRM launcher is replaced with nose-mounted medium and small pulse lasers, and carrying a rear-mounted ER Small Laser. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 158, BV (2.0) = 184
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 174-175, "Angel Fighter Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 4
- ↑ Master Unit List, "Angel Light Strike Fighter"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 197
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 275
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 274
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 276
- ↑ Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 28, "Jalastar Aerospace"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 280
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 200
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 279
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 277
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 , p. 198
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 278
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 199
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 263
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 196