Angel ECM Suite
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
The Angel ECM Suite is an advanced version of the Guardian ECM Suite operating on a broader spectrum and greatly advances ECM technology on the battlefield. Development of the Angel began in the Draconis Combine shortly after the Battle of Luthien, but despite assistance from ComStar, cost overruns and internal problems within both powers kept it in its experimental stages for a long time and delayed its widespread deployment. Clan Goliath Scorpion, having learned of the Angel's development, started copying the technology to create their own version.
The Angel ECM Suite represents a great advance in ECM technology from the standard Guardian model. Within its 6 hex radius of effect, the Angel suite completely blocks the following systems on enemy units: Artemis IV, Artemis V, Beagle Active Probes, Bloodhound Active Probes and their Clan equivalents, C3 Master Computers and C3 Slaves (normal, emergency, and boosted varieties, but not the Nova CEWS), Streak Missile Launchers and Narc missile beacons. Streak missiles may be fired at units affected by the device, but they function as standard missiles.
The Angel ECM Suite weighs two tons and occupies two critical spaces. It is available to both the Clan and Inner Sphere technology bases.
The Angel ECM Suite is manufactured on the following planets:
|Unknown||Terra||ComStar manufacturing bases||Various|||
|Unknown||New Samarkand||New Samarkand Metals||Various|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 279, "Angel ECM Suite"
- Tactical Handbook, pp. 63-64, "Angel ECM Suite"
- Maximum Tech, pp. 77-78, "ECM Suite"