(References to Ankaa)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 74.63 Y: -9.41[e]
- Star Type: A8III
- Position in System: 1 (of 2)
- Number of Moons: 4 (Al Anqa, Al Nair, Al Ri'al and Al Zaurak)
- Days to Jump Point: 26
- Surface Water: 5%
- Atm. Pressure: Low (Toxic)
- Surface Gravity: 0.7
- Equatorial Temp: 65°C
- Highest Native Life: Microbes
Era Specific Data
- Population: 33,000,000
- Governor: Allan Slowinske
- Planetary Legate: Anton Judae
Garrisoning Military Force
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony
- 3025 - Federated Suns
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3062 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from June)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere
Ankaa wasn't settled until four centuries after the first JumpShips left Terra. Settled by Muslims, the hot world resembled the African and Middle East regions, but the middle latitudes and equator were far harsher and hotter than any Terran desert. During the Terran Hegemony the colonists sought to make Ankaa a new center of their faith. During the Star League geologists found rare metals that greatly enriched the population.
After the fall of the Star League, House Davion controlled the world briefly. The Capellan Confederation took the world during the First Succession War and controlled it until the Federated Suns recaptured it in the Third Succession War. The population was devastated during the Jihad, a consquence of the Word of Blake two-week campaign to capture the world in mid-May 3069 that saw Blakist forces and affiliated mercenaries use non-conventional weapons as a part of their assault to conqure the planet and incorporate it into the Word of Blake Protectorate. Despite the devastation several Nova Cats (attracted by the spiritual vision of the population) relocated to the world after the end of Operation SCOUR.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 70, "World Profile"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployment"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"