BattleTechWiki:Project Military Commands
Welcome to the Military Commands WikiProject. The purpose of this project is to improve the coverage and quality of all articles on military units here at BTW.
The Military Commands WikiProject is responsible for all articles on military commands and formations, from the unit level up to the national command level. Note that this includes the commands of mercenaries, Clans, pirates, and nations.
Examples as follows:
- Units: 13th Lyran Guards, McCarron's Armored Cavalry, Brotherhood of Randis
- Brigades: Knights of the Inner Sphere
- Formations: Armed Forces of the Federated Suns
- To create needed categories for military command articles.
- Determine which categories certain classes of articles belong to.
- Unify the InfoBoxes so that there is one for all units.
- Create articles for all military commands in the BattleTech universe.
- Improve the quality of said articles.
- 14 February 2009: (Scaletail)
- Project Military Commands has been launched!
- When creating an article, fill it in with info.
- Use the help article to get started with a standardized format.
- Be sure to add the banner to the talk page of every military command article.
- When military command article titles involve numbers, the text should always be represented as a number, e.g. "1st Davion Guards", "666th Mechanized Cluster".
- When writing about military commands in the body of an article, the numerical portion of the command's title should be spelled out, unless it is higher than one hundered, e.g. "First Davion Guards", "666th Mechanized Cluster".
- The full name of a command should be used rather than an abbreviation, however common, e.g. "Valexa Capellan March Militia" instead of "Valexa CMM".
- All Clan commands should have the Clan name after the title in parenthesis, e.g., "Golden Keshik (Clan Wolf-in-Exile)".
- When creating Clan command articles, all titles should follow the format of "Unit Name (Clan X)". For example, "Golden Keshik (Clan Wolf-in-Exile)".
- If it is necessary to disambiguate between title for other factions, use the same format.
Please feel free to join up to work on the Project by adding your name to the list featured below.
- Scaletail (Project lead): Category creation
- Dmon probably making more mess than progress.
- BigDuke66 Initial article creation.
- Alkemita Unit Composition flesh out - currently adding Clan units.
- Aldous Unit Composition Details and Flavor.
- Cyc article expansion/references - primarily favoring Com Guard units.
- Wrangler updating/expanding existing histories of units & adding missing articles.
- Stormlion1 Initial Article creation - finished FedCom Corp, now starting Mercenary Commands and am open to requests.
- ClanWolverine101 Mostly cleanup, but I've written a couple of unit articles now, and will write more.
- Neufeld Article expansion, especially Lyran units.
- Doneve composition updater, and add to all military commands the Project Template.
- Deeppockets Taurian Concordat conflicts PRIOR to 3060
- Neugling - integration of historical stuff first general and later to the single units in short form also
- Tomlib - Writing style cleanup
Members and non-members alike, please add articles that are needed or need work, as appropriate.
This is not a complete list
- I'm here to discuss my latest Project,the deployment tables. First this is only a summary and there are no tables, I learned my lesson. For all how doen't know my goal with this pages. From 3025 until Jihad era, to put all Faction in a overview with a short explanation which unit see action and which doen't fight. I Give you a short example for my further work
- 1.LCAF 3055
- 1.1.Lyran Guards
- During the Operation Revival several regiments of the Brigade fight against the Clans. They suffer normaly horrendous loses and were destroyed/surrender to the attackers. A few units could retreat and were rebuild.
- Destroyed units
- 1st Guards
- => partly destroyed on Maestu (FC) November 3051 through Gamma Galaxy
- => partly destroyed on Shaula (FC) December 3051 through Delta Galaxy
- 26th Lyran Guards RCT
- => partly destroyed through Beta Galaxy on Kobe (FC) December 3051
- => partly destroyed on Tamar(FC) November 3051 through Golden Keshik and Alpha Galaxy
- Active Units
- 3rd Lyran Guards RCT - Veteran - Fanatical - Graceland
- 6th Lyran Guards RCT - Elite - Reliable - Rasalgethi
- 10th Lyran Guards RCT - Veteran - Fanatical - Fort Loudon
- 11th Lyran Guards RCT - Elite - Reliable - Callison
- 14th Lyran Guards RCT - Veteran - Reliable - Ford
- 15th Lyran Guards RCT - Elite - Fanatical - Hesperus II
- 24th Lyran Guards RCT - Green - Fanatical - Donegal
- 30th Lyran Guards RCT - Regular - Reliable - New Home
- 32nd Lyran Guards RCT - Green - Reliable - Solaris VII
- 36th Lyran Guards RCT - Regulars - Reliable - Tsingtao
- My thoughts are. To put step by step all know information from the sources in an overview and from their to the brigade pages and finaly in the units. That all informations are on the right place. You all know my work. I put amount of work in the unit section and historical events like the incusion of 3963, the operation revival. In the future all events will be standarized. All Brigades will be also expanded. I know all this will take time and with your support and agreement will become real. I finish first the 4th Succession War and put this information in deployment pages with era destination (3028). I wait for your anwsers. Neuling 05:58, 27 August 2010 (UTC)
Articles requiring expansion