(References to Benjamin)
Benjamin neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||202 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Ruler||George Hakashi, Duke of Benjamin (3025)|
|Population|| 4,655,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||A (Precentor Kenta Delmorrow (3025))|
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2743 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2794 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3052 - Draconis Combine
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3072 - Word of Blake (from mid-May)
- 3073 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3130 - Draconis Combine 
The world of Benjamin is a large planet, which has dim star. The world is made habitable due to its twenty orbital "semi-suns", which similar to JumpShip's Solar Sails. These semi-suns provide up to 20 percent boost to the world's sunlight that radiates from the its dim sun. Benjamin enjoys a pleasant climate weather and plenty of petroleum resources. The planet boasts a strong mix of agricultural and manufacturing.
1st Succession War
Renegade AFFS forces from the Draconis March (2nd Robinson Rangers, Sakhara Academy Training Battalion)launched an attack on Benjamin during the first week of December 3068. Rather than simply striking at the planet and leaving, the rogue units remained in place; the initial assault decimated the defending 6th Ghost, and reports indicated that Ninyu Kerai, Chief of the Combine's ISF, had also been claimed as a victim during the attack. The DCMS deployed additional troops to Benjamin during the first week of February 3069, intending to drive out the rogue Draconis March units, but beginning on the 14th of February the Word of Blake launched raids intended to disrupt the command structure of the DCMS, attacking both Benjamin and Pesht. A Word attack on the 20th of February shattered both the AFFS and DCMS units on Benjamin, with the Federated Suns units retreating off-world on the 25th; even as they left, the Blakists were continuing to attack Benjamin with Pocket WarShips.
In 3072, Word of Blake forces arrived in system and assaulted the planet. These forces, lead by the 28th Division with support from the 45th Shadow Division and mercenary units seized the planet on the 12th of May. Nine of the planet's semi-suns were destroyed the initial invasion. Benjamin's defending DCMS forces were overwhelmed by the Blakist forces, who secured the planet with surrender of the 6th Ghost Regiment. However, a guerrilla resistance force fought on after occupation of the planet.
The Combine attempted unsuccessfully to break the siege of Benjamin in a campaign fought during the first two weeks of November 3072. The battle cost the Combine three of their WarShips, the Kyushu-class frigate DCS Luthien and the Inazuma-class corvettes DCS Night of Agony and DCS Swiping Claw.
Just a few weeks later, the DCMS were presented with the opportunity needed to free Benjamin; a naval flotilla from Clan Nova Cat backed up with ground forces attacked the defending Word of Blake forces in a sudden assault on the 16th of December 3072. The Nova Cat forces overwhelmed the majority of the defending Blakist forces before moving on, allowing the surviving DCMS forces still on Benjamin to reclaim the planet.
The various battles in the Benjamin system in 3072 would claim a total of five Blakist WarShips. From their original fleet salvaged from the Ruins of Gabriel and elsewhere, the Word of Blake lost the Lola III-class destroyer WoBS Faith's End and the Vincent Mk. 39-class WoBS Blade of Holiness. The Blakists also lost the Fox-class corvettes FSS Robinson and LAS Robert Kelswa, captured earlier from the Federated Suns and Lyran Alliance respectively, as well as the Eagle-class FWLS Bors, one of the WarShips from the Free Worlds League navy the Blakists had suborned in the opening stages of the Jihad.
At the end of June 3073, after weeks of negotiations and wrangling, the Azami worlds agreed to send delegates to Benjamin to meet with elements of the Combine leadership to discuss the crisis betwen the two. The Azami delegation was subsequently ambushed en route to Benjamin on the 21st of July by a small Word of Blake AeroSpace Fighter force. This exacerbated the tensions in the Arkab-Combine relationship, as the Azami accused the Combine government of failing to protect the Azami delegates intentionally.
When the Blakists were eventually driven off of Benjamin, the Dragon's propaganda machine kicked into overdrive; the events of the Benjamin assault were trumpeted across the Combine, and number of recruits applying to join the Benjamin Regulars skyrocketed. To provide the best recruits to the Regulars the DCMS established the Osaka Fields Proving Grounds. This training facility takes in recruits and provides basic training before sending the most promising recruits on to other academies.
On the 17th of October 3073, Coordinator Hohiro Kurita agreed to meet with Precentor Martial Victor Steiner-Davion and Devlin Stone on Tukayyid, and began preparations to travel as soon as possible from Benjamin. Just a few weeks later on the 19th of November rogue operatives from the Combine Internal Security Force attempted to assassinate the Gunji-no-Kanrei, Kiyomori Minamoto, on Benjamin, although the attempt failed.
As a result of the assassination attempt a purge of local ISF and DCMS forces was ordered, and on the 10th of December 3073 Kanrei Minamoto declared that the Black Dragon Society elements had been successfully removed; he then invited the Azami worlds to send delegates to Benjamin for a second time to resume negotiations. A month later on the 21st of January 3074 a second delegation of Arkab leaders agreed to make one more effort to meet with the Kanrei; the Word of Blake again launched an attack at the delegation, this time on the 17th of February, but this time AeroSpace forces from the DCMS and the Azami successfully repelled the attack. The delegation arrived safely on Benjamin on the 25th of March, and began ten days of negotiation that ultimately failed to bring the Arkab worlds back into the Combine, but which did generate an agreement to concentrate all military energies on the common enemy - the Word of Blake. The Combine also promised to direct relief efforts to the stricken Arkab worlds.
The Blakists destroyed several of the "semi-suns" during their assault. These hadn't been repaired by 3079. The resulting loss in sunlight seriously reduced the agricultural output and forced Benjamin to import food.
3055 to 3062 to 3067
- - At this point in time the 2nd operating at 25% of full strength, with 80% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - The Ryuken-roku operating at 20% of full strength, with 60% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this time the 43rd was at 35% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- ↑ 1.001.011.021.031.041.051.061.071.081.091.101.111.12House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 184, "Benjamin Planet Profile"
- ↑ 2.002.012.022.032.042.052.062.072.082.092.102.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 23, "Benjamin"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 49, "Takiro Kurita"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 7.07.1House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 57, "Military Realities"
- ↑ 8.08.1Field Manual: Updates, p. 97, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- ↑ 9.09.1Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 10.010.1Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 11.011.1Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 26, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 12.012.112.212.3Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 51, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Total Chaos, p. 115
- ↑ 16.016.1Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 17.017.1Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 76, "Benjamin Falls"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 30, "DCA Readiness Report"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Original Word Of Blake Fleet"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 33, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 34, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 24.024.124.2Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 52, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 38, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 48, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 41, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Updage, p. 70, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- ↑ ComStar (sourcebook), p. 84, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: ComStar, p. 125, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- ↑ 31.031.1Field Manual: Updates, p. 116, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 8, "Benjamin Regulars Regimental Status"
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 17, "Ryuken Profile"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 160, "Mercanary Forces Deployment Table - 3085"
- 20 Year Update
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: DCMS
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Objectives: Draconis Combine
- Total Chaos