(References to Bharat)
Bharat neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3130|
|Ruler|| Lord Mengist Kerpten (3025)|
Roland Iqbal (3130)
|Population|| 1,817,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Felicia Beaufort)|
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3062 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from July)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Bharat was originally settled by colonists from Terra's Indian subcontinent. As part of that colonization effort they brought with them many Terran tree species. By the time of the Star League, Bharat was one of the largest exporters of rare hardwoods in the Inner Sphere. The world's only military manufacturer was Killosh Industries, but they retooled to produce civilian logging equipment to avoid bankruptcy.
For most of the Succession Wars, Bharat was controlled by the Capellan Confederation. In addition to its traditional exotic wood exports, Bharat hosted wealthy Capellans who would hunt the world's flora and fauna or just enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. When the world was taken by the Federated Suns in the Fourth Succession War, this trend continued, with wealthy Capellans being replaced by wealthy Lyrans and Federates.
The Word of Blake launched a wave of attacks during the first two weeks of July 3069 that targeted the worlds of Bharat, Deneb Kaitos, Ingress, Kawich and Ruchbah. Bharat was one of the worlds to fall in the face of a conventional assault, and was incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate. Later in the Jihad the Word of Blake established several "re-education" camps on the world. The Blakist forces stationed on the world eventually strangled the tourism industry, but fortunately for Bharat the exotic wood export industry remains strong.
During Operation SCOUR Major General Walter White-Davion of the 5th Crucis Lancers - and effectively the senior officer in charge of Group I of the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR - contacted the front commander, Field Marshal Katheryn Sandoval-Ito in July 3077 to express his concerns over the plan to attack Bharat. Citing the report given by Colonel Jasmine Cross of the AFFS Engineering Corps on the fall of the Fox's Den on New Avalon to the Word of Blake earlier in the Jihad, White-Davion argued that the fortress established by the Word on Bharat would take far more by way of heavy equipment and engineering specialists to breach than was currently available, and risked turning into a military disaster if the task force wasn't correctly prepared.
It was subsequently noted in media outlets within the Federated Suns that Bharat had been liberated by the end of 3077 despite the determined resistance offered by the Blakist forces on the planet; allegedly, the first 'Mech to breach the walls of the fortress on Bharat that Major General White-Davion had flagged was Field Marshal Sandoval-Ito, piloting her personal 'Mech, a vintage Devastator. On the 9th of November 3077 the Word of Blake news service, Voice of Truth, issued a broadcast alleging that the allied coalition forces on Bharat had deliberately shelled a refugee camp during the battle for the world.
- ↑ 1.001.011.021.031.041.051.061.071.081.091.10House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 139, "Bharat Profile"
- ↑ 2.002.012.022.032.042.052.062.072.082.092.102.188.8.131.52.152.16Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 75, "Bharat World Profile"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 6.06.1Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 39, "Bharat Roadblock"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 40, "Sandoval-Ito: A Study In Success"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 53-54, "Stone's Evil Stain"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, "Unit Deployment Table"