- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
The Black Knight is a 'Mech that appears to be a jack-of-all-trades. The all energy weapon configuration allows it to operate for long periods without re-supply. The good armor protection allows the 'Mech to stand up to a great deal of punishment and its Beagle Active Probe allow it to work well as a command 'Mech and also as a heavy scout. The main drawback of the design is its use of Single heat sinks. With twenty heat sinks it is able to dissipate a great deal of the heat its weapons produce. If the Black Knight finds itself in a protracted combat situation though a less experienced Mechwarrior can have trouble with heat management.
As mentioned before the Black Knight is an all energy weapon 'Mech. The Primary weapon is the Magna Hellstar II PPC, which has a similar damage and range profile as an Autocannon 10 with less weight in exchange for more heat buildup. Backing up the PPC are two McCorkel Large Lasers that can inflict a great deal of damage as the Black Knight closes with its enemy. Finally for closer ranges the Black Knight employs four Maxell DT Medium Lasers and a single Magna Small Laser.
- BL7-KNT - The BL7 Black Knight is the downgraded version of the 'Mech. The Endo Steel chassis while the weapons payload and speed have remained the same. The weight lost to the standard chassis is made up for by lowering the Black Knights overall armor protection by two tons.
- BL9-KNT - The BL9 is an upgraded version of the BL6 model. The 'Mech has been equipped with an Extralight engine allowing it to mount an upgraded and heavier weapons load. The PPC has been upgraded to an Extended Range model and a Large Pulse Laser has been added to the design as well For this the Small laser was removed from the design, to handle this new heavier heat load the heat sinks have been upgraded to double strength versions. In addition for close in work the Black Knight has had a Hatchet added allowing it to be extremely devastating in physical attacks.
- BL12-KNT - The BL12 is probably the most technologically advanced version of the Black Knight to date. The 'Mech is also based on the BL6 model but takes the design in a different direction then the BL9. The first thing that was done to the design was the upgrade of all of the Medium Lasers and the PPC to Extended Range versions. Next the Mech has had its heat sinks upgraded to Double Strength. Because of this the number of heat sinks has been reduced to sixteen from twenty. Finally all of the weapons were mated to a Targeting Computer.