(References to Blantleff)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -467.26 Y: -116.56
Garrisoning Military Force
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - No record 
- 2765 - No record 
- 2992 - Circinus Federation / Lothian League (simultaneous colonization)
- 3003 - Lothian League
- 3025 - Lothian League 
- 3030 - Periphery
- 3040 - Periphery
- 3050 - Circinus Federation 
- 3052 - Circinus Federation 
- 3057 - Periphery
- 3062 - Periphery
- 3067 - Marian Hegemony 
- 3075 - Marian Hegemony 
- 3079 - Circinus Federation 
- 3081 - Periphery
- 3130 - Marian Hegemony 
Blantleff was settled in 2992 by settlers from both the Circinus Federation and the Lothian League. The colonies were small - a few hundred settlers from each nation, co-existing peacefully - and there is some evidence that the Lothians, who referred to the planet as Dersidatz, were unaware of the presence of the Circinians. The two groups were largely pastoral, herding animals and located hundreds of kilometers away from each other, and up until 3003 there were no problems between them.
In 3003, someone within the Circinian government decided that Blantleff should be a solely Circinian holding, and troops from the Federation attacked the Lothian settlements, determined to kill the Lothian colonists. Within the Lothian population was a man named Blantz, the only Lothian colonist with the benefit of a higher education, and fortunately for the Lothians Blantz was familiar with the history of Kentares IV and the massacre perpetrated there by the Draconis Combine. The nomadic Lothian population knew when to expect a DropShip to arrive, making a regularly scheduled supply run and collecting livestock for sale elsewhere; under Blantz's direction, the Lothians who survived the first raid sent out a distress call and then powered down all their equipment. Then, using Blantz's memory of the tactics used by the survivors on Kentares, the Lothian nomads survived by following behind the Circinian troops. By staying in the wake of the search parties but staying out of sight, the Lothians managed to survive until the supply DropShip arrived. Learning of the colonist's plight from the distress call, the DropShip was able to trace the call to the Circinian rear areas. Having not bothered to secure the area while they hunted, the Federation forces were surprised and decisively defeated by the Lothians.
Following this defeat in 3003, the Circinians abandoned Blantleff to the Lothians, and it would remain a Lothian possession for at least two decades without being contested by the Federation.
A task force of Word of Blake troops attacked Blantleff on the 18th of March 3070, striking at the Marian world from staging bases inside the Circinus Federation. Blantleff would be attacked again on the 17th of March 3075 when both Blantleff and Maximillian were attacked by forces of cybernetically-augmented troops from the Circinus Federation. Although the attackers were unable to conquer Blantleff or Maximillian, they did capture the nearby worlds of Khon Kaen and Poulsbo.
| Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years) |
Closest planets first:
|New St. Andrews||46.48||2||N||P||P||P||P||P||P|
- ↑ 1.01.1Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 69, "Mercenary Employment Table"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 5.05.15.25.35.4The Periphery, 1st Edition, p. 65-66, "Tactical Developments"
- ↑ http://home.ifi.uio.no/~oysteint/btech/3025.html
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 22, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- ↑ Field Report: Periphery, p. 23, "Marian Hegemony Region Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"