C3 Slave Unit
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
The C3 Slave Unit is the second part of a C3 Network. Weighing a single ton and carried by the members of a lance or company, when it links to a C3 Command Unit it can share targeting information with all of the units linked into the network. Without a C3 Master unit the C3 Slave is useless.
The C3 system was introduced in 3050 by the Draconis Combine. It was initially an unpopular system there, as the bushido code many Combine warriors follow focuses on individual achievement rather than collective teamwork. It has since spread to the other Inner Sphere houses, where it has gained much support.
The C3 Slave Unit is manufactured on the following planets:
|Kallon Sure-Shot C3-SU|| Nanking
|Kallon Industries||???|||
|Tanadi Citizen||Hachiman||Tanadi Computers||???|||
The Federated Suns used the C3 Slave to create their experimental C3 Boosted Slave. This unit functions identically to the standard C3 Slave unit, but is immune to most forms of ECM. The C3 Boosted Slave is compatible with the standard C3 system, but weighs considerably more.
Covered in great detail on pages 131-133 of Total Warfare. Each C3 Slave unit must point to a single C3 Master unit.
The standard C3 Slave unit weighs 1 ton and takes up a single critical slot.
The C3 Boosted Slave takes up 2 critical slots and weighs 3 tons. It is immune to all ECM except the Angel ECM Suite. The C3 Boosted Slave normally operates with a C3 Boosted Master computer, but has been ruled compatible with unboosted C3 Master systems.
- Tech Manual, p. 342, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- Tech Manual, p. 209, "C3 Computer"
- Tactical Operations, p. 297, "C3 Systems"
- Tactical Operations, p. 405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data".
- BT Forum Thread: