- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- MWO World Championship Analysis with BanditB17 and mdmzero0
- Read more →
- 1 Attack Modifiers Table
- 2 Ground Combat Vehicle Hit Location Table
- 3 Ground Combat Vehicle Critical Hits Table
- 4 Heat Point Table
- 5 Building Modifiers Table
- 6 Inferno Ammo Explosion Table
- 7 Piloting Skill Roll Table
- 8 Movement Cost Table
- 9 BattleMech Kick Location Table
- 10 Facing After A Fall Table
- 11 BattleMech Punch Location Table
- 12 BattleMech Hit Location Table
- 13 Number of Missiles Hit Table
- 14 Critical Hits Table
- 15 References
- 16 Bibliography
Attack Modifiers Table
|All Attacks: Weapons and Physical||Modifier|
|Light Woods||+1 per intervening hex,|
|+1 if target in Light Woods|
|Heavy Woods||+2 per intervening hex,|
|+2 if target in Heavy Woods|
|Depth 1||-1 to hit a BattleMech in Water hex.|
|Partial Cover also applies|
|+1 to hit for BattleMech firing from Water hex|
|Depth 2||BattleMechs cannot fire into or out of Depth 2+ water|
|Partial Cover||+1 (Leg location hits strike cover, apply damage to cover, quad mechs apply to both front and rear legs)|
|Prone||-2 from adjacent hex, +1 from all others|
|Moved 0-2 hexes||0|
|Moved 3-4 hexes||+1|
|Moved 5-6 hexes||+2|
|Moved 7-9 hexes||+3|
|Moved 10+ hexes||+4|
|Is battle armor unit||+1|
|Is stuck in Swamp hex||-2|
|Weapon Attacks Only|
|Shoulder Hit|| +4 for weapons in arm
disregard other damaged actuators in arm
|Upper or Lower Arm Actuator (each)||+1 for weapons in arm|
|Making indirect LRM attack||+1|
|Range and Terrain|
|Minimum Range|| +1 at minimum range, additional +1 per
hex less than minimum range
| Attacker and target on different levels
of same building (concealment)
|Secondary target in forward arc||+1|
|Secondary target in side or rear arc||+2|
|Physical Attacks Only|
|Shoulder Hit|| No punching or Hatchet/Sword attack with arm,
no clubbing attacks, +2 to pushing attack (each)
|Upper or Lower Arm Actuator Hit (each)|| +2 to punching and Hatchet/Sword attack with arm,
half damage for punching attack with arm, +2 to clubbing attacks
|Hand Actuator Hit|| +1 to punching attack with arm, no clubbing attacks,
no Hatchet/Sword attacks with arm
|Hip Actuator Hit||No kicking attacks|
|Upper or Lower Leg Actuator Hit (each)||+2 and half damage to kicking attack with leg|
|Foot Actuator Hit||+1 to kicking attack with leg|
|Infantry||+3 to kicking and death from above attacks|
|Charging attack||Modify for relative Piloting Skills (p 41)|
|Death from Above attack||Modify for relative Piloting Skills (p 42)|
Ground Combat Vehicle Hit Location Table
|Die Roll (2D6)||Front||Rear||Side §|
|2 *||Front (critical)||Rear (critical)||Side (critical)|
|3||Front †||Rear †||Side †|
|4||Front †||Rear †||Side †|
|5||Right Side †||Left Side †||Front †|
|9||Left Side†||Right Side†||Rear †|
|12 *||Turret (critical)||Turret (critical)||Turret (critical)|
- † - The vehicle may suffer motive system damage even if its armor remains intact. Apply damage normally to the armor in that section, but the attacking player also rolls once on the Motive System Damage Table, at right. Apply damage at the end of the phase in which the damage takes effect.
- * - A result of 2 or 12 (or an 8 if the attack strikes the side) may inflict a critical hit on the vehicle. For each result of 2 or 12 (or 8 for side attacks), apply damage normally to the armor in that section. The attacking player then automatically rolls once on the Ground Combat Vehicle Critical Hits Table, p. 194. A result of 12 on the Ground Combat Vehicles Hit Location Table may inflict a critical hit against the turret; if the vehicle has no turret, a 12 indicates the chance of a critical hit on the side corresponding to the attack direction.
- § - Side hits strike the side as indicated by the attack direction. For example, if an attack hits the right side, all Side results strike the right side armor. If the vehicle has no turret, a turret hit strikes the armor on the side attacked.
Ground Combat Vehicle Critical Hits Table
|Die Roll (1D6)||Front||Side||Rear||Turret|
|2 - 5||No Critical Hit||No Critical Hit||No Critical Hit||No Critical Hit|
|6||Driver Hit||Cargo / Infantry Hit||Weapon Malfunction||Stabilizer|
|7||Weapon Malfunction||Cargo / Infantry Hit||Weapon Malfuntion||Stabilizer|
|8||Stabilizer||Crew Stunned||Stabilizer||Weapon Malfunction|
|9||Sensors||Stabilizer||Weapon Destroyed||Turret Locks|
|10||Commander Hit||Weapon Destroyed||Engine Hit||Weapon Destroyed|
|11||Weapon Destroyed||Engine Hit||Ammunition ‡||Ammunition ‡|
|12||Crew Killed||Fuel Tank †||Fuel Tank †||Turret Blown Off|
† If Combat Vehicle has ICE engine only. If Combat Vehicle has a fusion engine, treat this result as Engine Hit
‡ If Combat Vehicle carries no ammunition, treat this result as Weapon Destroyed.
Heat Point Table
|Walking||+1 per turn|
|Running||+2 per turn|
|Jumping||+1 per hex (minimum of 3 per turn)|
|Attempting to Stand||+1 per attempt|
|Weapons Fire|| Per Weapons and
Equipment Tables, p 115
|Heat Sink||-1 per operational heat sink|
|-2 per operational double heat sink|
| -1 additional per heat sink under
water (maximum 6 points)
| -2 additional per double heat sink
underwater (maximum 6 points)
|First Engine Hit||+5 per turn|
|Second Engine Hit||+10 (total) per turn|
Building Modifiers Table
|Building Type||Original CF||Piloting MP Cost *||Skill Modifier|
* Infantry (except mechanized infantry) pay only 1 MP to enter a building hex regardless of building type; ProtoMechs and mechanized infantry only pay 2 MP to enter a building hex.
Inferno Ammo Explosion Table
|Heat Level||Avoid Number|
Piloting Skill Roll Table
|Damage to BattleMech|
|BattleMech takes 20+ Damage Points in one phase||+1|
|BattleMech reactor shuts down||+3 1|
|Leg/foot actuator destroyed||+1|
|Hip actuator destroyed||+2|
|Gyro destroyed||Automatic Fall 2|
|Leg destroyed||Automatic Fall 3|
|Physical Attacks on BattleMech|
|BattleMech was kicked||0|
|BattleMech was pushed||0|
|BattleMech was successfully charged/death from above||+2|
|BattleMech missed kick||0|
|BattleMech makes a successful charging attack||+2|
|BattleMech made death from above attack||+4 4|
|BattleMech entering Depth 1 Water hex||-1|
|BattleMech entering Depth 2 Water hex||0|
|BattleMech entering Depth 3+ Water hex||+1|
|BattleMech attempting to stand||0|
|BattleMech entering Rubble hex||0|
|Running unit moves after facing change while on pavement||See Skidding TW p.62|
|Ranking VTOL moves after facing change||See Sideslipping TW p.67|
|BattleMech jumping with damaged gyro or leg/foot/hip actuators||per Preexisting Damage below|
|BattleMech jumping with destroyed leg||per Preexisting Damage below|
|BattleMech running with damaged hip or gyro||per Preexisting Damage below|
|MechWarrior trying to avoid damage when his BattleMech is falling||+1/level fallen 8|
|IndustrialMech trying to avoid critical damage when falling||+1/level fallen 8|
|IndustrialMech with ICE power plant fails PSR (see Piloting/Driving Skill Rolls, TW p.59)||0 (no additional modifiers)|
|Four-legged `Mech with intact legs||-2|
|`Mech mounts small cockpit||+1|
|Per leg/foot actuator previously destroyed||+1|
|Per hip actuator previously destroyed||+2 5|
|Gyro previously hit||+3|
|Leg previously destroyed||+5 6|
|Hexes Moved in Turn|
|Building Movement 7|
|Unit entering/leaving Light Building hex||0|
|Unit entering/leaving Medium Building hex||+1|
|Unit entering/leaving Heavy Building hex||+2|
|Unit entering/leaving Hardened Building hex||+5|
|Hexes Moved in Turn|
1 - Only during the phase that the reactor shuts down. If the MechWarrior must make a Piloting Skill Roll for a Mech with a shut-down reactor the BattleMech automatically falls.
2 - The modifier for a destroyed gyro is +6 when making a Piloting Skill Roll to avoid damaging the MechWarrior during an automatic fall.
3 - The modifier for a destroyed leg is +5 when making a Piloting Skill Roll to avoid damaging the MechWarrior during an automatic fall.
4 - Automatic fall if death from above attack is unsuccessful.
5 - Ignore all modifiers from previous critical hits on that leg.
6 - Do not add modifiers for other damaged actuators in the leg.
7 - To avoid damage only. Does not result in a fall if Piloting Skill Roll fails. See Buildings TW p.166. Add an additional modifier of 1 if unit is charging or being charged (in addition to the +2 modifier normally required in that situation).
8 - For the purposes of falling, a ‘Mech only rises 1 level above the underlying terrain
Movement Cost Table
|Terrain Type/ Activity||MP Cost Per Hex||Prohibited Units|
|Cost to Enter Any Hex||1|
|Terrain Cost When Entering Any New Hex|
|Clear||+0 6||Naval vessel|
|Paved / Bridge||+0||Naval vessel|
|Light Woods||+1 10||Wheeled9, Hover, Naval, VTOL12, WiGE12|
|Heavy Woods||+2 11||Vehicles, Naval vessel|
|Depth 0||+0||Naval vessel|
|Depth 1||+1 1 (Level change MP not included)||Infantry14, Vehicles4, 7|
|Depth 2+||+3 1 (Level change MP not included)||Infantry14, Vehicles4, 7, IndustrialMechs8|
|Level Change (up or down)|
|1 level||+1 (`Mechs VTOLs, Subs, ProtoMechs)||-|
|+2 (Infantry, Ground Vehicles)|
|2 levels||+2 (`Mechs, VTOLs, Subs)||Infantry, Ground Vehicles, WiGE13, ProtoMechs|
|3+ levels||+1/level (VTOL Subs)||`Mechs, ProtoMechs, Infantry, Ground Vehicles, WiGE13|
|Rubble||+1 1||Wheeled, Naval vessel|
|Light Building||+1 2||VTOL, WiGE, Naval vessel|
|Medium Building||+2 2||VTOL, WiGE, Naval vessel|
|Heavy Building||+3 2||VTOL, WiGE, Naval vessel|
|Hardened Building||+4 2||VTOL, WiGE, Naval vessel|
|Facing Change||1/hexside 5|
|Dropping to the Ground (`Mech only)||1|
|Standing Up ('Mech only)||2/attempt|
- 1 - Piloting Skill Roll required to prevent falling.
- 2 - Piloting Skill Roll required to prevent damage. Infantry pay only 1 MP (except mechanized infantry, which pays 2 MP) to enter or leave any building.
- 3 - If traveling along road, otherwise cost of underlying terrain.
- 4 - Hovercraft may enter all water hexes along the surface and may enter such hexes such hexes at flank speed.
- 5 - No cost for infantry.
- 6 - If a wheeled Support Vehicle lacks the Off-Road Vehicle Chassis and Controls modification, then movement costs 1 additional MP per hex.
- 7 - Wheeled or tracked Support Vehicles with the Amphibious Chassis and Controls modification can move through any water hex on the surface
at a cost of 2 MP (see p. 56).
- 8 - IndustrialMechs can enter a Depth 2 or greater water hex. However, the IndustrialMechs must mount either a fuel cells, fission or fusion power plant and must mount the Environmental Sealing Chassis and Controls modification to do so. If the IndustrialMech does not meet those requirements, it is considered destroyed if they remain in a Depth 2 or greater water hex (or prone in a Depth 1 water hex) in the End Phase of the turn immediately following the turn in which they entered it.
- 9 - Wheeled Support Vehicles with either the Monocycle or Bicycle Chassis and Controls modification can enter a light woods hex.
- 10 - Infantry pays only 1 MP (except mechanized infantry, which pays 2 MP) to enter any light woods hex.
- 11 - Infantry pays only 2 MP (except mechanized infantry, which pays 3 MP) to enter any heavy woods hex.
- 12 - VTOL and WiGE vehicles can enter a woods hex provided their elevation is higher than the level of the woods in the hex.
- 13 - This only applies to WiGE units entering a hex whose level is higher than the unit’s current hex; see Wing-In-Ground-Effect, p. 55, for rules governing entering hexes whose level is lower than the unit’s current hex.
- 14 - Infantry can enter a water hex of Depth 1 or deeper if they are noted as having UMU MPs.
BattleMech Kick Location Table
|Die Roll (1D6)||Left Side||Front/Rear||Right Side|
|1-3||Left Leg||Right Leg||Right Leg|
|4-6||Left Leg||Left Leg||Right Leg|
Facing After A Fall Table
|Die Roll (1D6)||New Facing||Hit Location|
|2||1 Hexside Right||Right Side|
|3||2 Hexsides Right||Right Side|
|5||2 Hexsides Left||Left Side|
|6||1 Hexside Left||Left Side|
BattleMech Punch Location Table
|Die Roll (1D6)||Left Side||Front/Rear||Right Side|
|1||Left Torso||Left Arm||Right Torso|
|2||Left Torso||Left Torso||Right Torso|
|3||Center Torso||Center Torso||Center Torso|
|4||Left Arm||Right Torso||Right Arm|
|5||Left Arm||Right Arm||Right Arm|
BattleMech Hit Location Table
A result of 2 may inflict a critical hit. Apply damage to the armor in that section in the normal manner but the attacking player also rolls once on the #Critical Hits Table.
|Die Roll (2D6)||Left Side||Front/Rear||Right Side|
|2*||L Torso||C Torso||R Torso|
|3||Left Leg||Right Arm||Right Leg|
|4||Left Arm||Right Arm||Right Arm|
|5||Left Arm||Right Leg||Right Arm|
|6||Left Leg||Right Torso||Right Leg|
|7||Left Torso||C Torso||Right Torso|
|8||C Torso||Left Torso||C Torso|
|9||Right Torso||Left Leg||Left Torso|
|10||Right Arm||Left Arm||Left Arm|
|11||Right Leg||Left Arm||Left Leg|
Number of Missiles Hit Table
|Die Roll (2D6)||Number of Missiles Fired|
Critical Hits Table
|Die Roll (2D6)||Effect|
|2-7||No Critical Hit|
|8-9||Roll 1 Critical Hit Location|
|10-11||Roll 2 Critical Hit Locations|
|12||Head/Limb Blown Off/Roll 3 Critical Hit Locations*|
* - Roll 3 critical hit locations if the attack strikes the torso