(References to Elgin)
Elgin neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||173 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|Highest native life||Plant|
|Ruler||Lady Sabrina Ling (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (3025)|
Era Specific Data
- Com Star Representative: Precentor Negh Schwan
Garrisoning Military Force
- 4th Confederation Reserve Cavalry (2nd Battalion)
- Marion's Highlanders
- McCormack's Fusiliers
- Justine's Grenadiers (1st Battalion)
3050 to 3054
3072 to 3077
- 1st Elgin Protectorate Militia Division
- 2235 - Chisholm Protectorate 
- ca. 2236 - 2243 - Tikonov Union
- 2243 - Tikonov Grand Union 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Independent World
- 3062 - Independent World
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
It was noted as early as the 25th century that the native dialect on Chisholm was a particularly difficult dialect to speak. This dialect, referred to as Chisholian, has resulted in the embarassment of at least one Capellan Chancellor.
Elgin was originally founded as the planet Chisholm by wealthy nonconformists in the late 2100s, and formed a part of various states beginning with the Nanking Collective, then the Chisholm Protectorate, before becoming a part of the Chisholm Province within the Tikonov Grand Union.
When the Terran Alliance commissioned the Grand Alliance Survey of Populated Worlds in 2235 it was noted that Chisholm didn't consider itself to be even nominally under the authority of the Terran Alliance. However, despite the Tikonov Grand Union fighting a war with the Terran Hegemony over attempts to annex the Chisholm Province, once captured Chisholm would remain a part of the Terran Hegemony until the fall of the Star League.
Amaris Civil War
During or after the Amaris Civil War the Essex-class destroyer SLS Oslo was abandoned in the Elgin system, either lost in action or scuttled; the Oslo was subsequently located in a debris system at the edge of the system by ComStar but was left where it had been found due to the amount of work that required to return it to active service.
Clan Invasion Era
The Free Worlds League became aware of the location of the Oslo thanks to information provided by the Word of Blake, who had relocated to the League after the schism within ComStar and who had decided to assist the League in its WarShip rearmament programme. The Blakists helped the League locate twenty-two assorted derelict WarShips, of which the Oslo was one.
The League engaged in a daring operation in 3055 in which a salvage crew took their JumpShip into the Elgin system and spent several months working on the Oslo while avoiding the attention of the Federated Commonwealth's Fifth Republican, who were stationed in the system at the time. The salvage team were able to conduct enough repairs to the Oslo to enable her to jump into League space; from there the Oslo travelled to one of the League's clandestine shipyards capable of conducting repair and renovation work on WarShips.
During the Jihad Elgin was annexed by the Word of Blake, and was in turn targeted for liberation by the allied coalition in January 3078 as a part of Operation SCOUR. Forces from the Free Worlds League Group II fought a bitter conflict with the defending 1st Elgin Protectorate Militia Division. The fight only ended when the Division commander was killed, leaving the coalition forces - believed to be the 7th Pesht Regulars,Com Guard 5th Army and the Home Guard - in possession of Elgin.
- ↑ 1.001.011.021.031.041.051.061.071.081.091.101.11House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 139, "Planet Guide"
- ↑ 2.02.12.2House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 106, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 24, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p. 18, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- ↑ 6.06.16.26.36.4Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 33
- ↑ 7.07.1Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 78, "New Year, New Wave"
- ↑ 8.08.18.2House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 9, "Liao And It's Neighbours"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 20, "The Tikonov Connection"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 10, "The Other Shoe"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 15.015.1Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 29, "Say Again?"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 11
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 19
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- ↑ 21.021.1Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 118, "FWLS Raven"
- ↑ 22.022.1Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 116, "Aid From The Word of Blake"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 139
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 44, "Wasat Falls?"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 45, "Overview: Alys Marik"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 44, "Too Much To Handle?"