- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Development||Randall N. Bills|
|Primary writing||Chris Hartford|
|Cover artwork||Franz Vohwinkel|
|Illustrations|| Chris Lewis|
|Content||Campaign rules & boardgame rules expansion|
Combat Operations is a rule expansion for the CBT game system and provides background material on how war is conducted in the BattleTech universe. As such, it doubles both as a sourcebook and a rules supplement. It also doubles as a method for transferring gaming data between the CBT:RPG and CBT board game.
From the back cover
|“|| The FedCom Civil War: 89 Federated Suns regiments/RCT/Militia units; 75 Lyran Alliance regiments/RCT/Militia units; 41 mercenary regiments; 8 ComStar Divisions; 11 Draconis Combine regiments; 2 Capellan Confederation regiments.
All fought across a thousand lights on well over a hundred planetary systems for five long years. Now you can recreate it!
The Classic BattleTech Combat Operations rules expansion is the most comprehensive rules system for campaign play ever published for BattleTech.
Modern Warfare: Provides players with a primer on how war is waged by each major faction in the BattleTech universe.
BattleTech Operations Rules: Provides expanded rules for the creation, running and play of any type of military force.
Infantry Platoon Construction: Extensive rules for constructing almost any type of standard infantry platoon found in the BattleTech universe are provided.
Strategic Game: A rules framework that allows players to run grand-scale campaigns utilizing every aspect of warfare—combat, technology, subterfuge and assassination, politics and more—is provided.
Faction Force Tables: Comprehensive table of units available, by major era, to every major and minor faction in the BattleTech universe. Here's your chance to build that Star League division to take back Terra!
- "By Any Means" – an introductory fiction story
- War and Its Makers – a series of essays on:
BattleTech Operations Rules
Details expansion and strategic options
- Force creation rules
- Force sizes
- Purchasing supplies
- New equipment assign rules
- Morale and fatigue
- Maintenance, repair, and medical services
Infantry Platoon Construction Rules
Creating new types of infantry forces
- Converting RPG weapons & equipment into CBT
- Assembling squads and platoons
- Disposable weapons
- Calculating Battle Value (version 1.0)
- Costs of weapons, equipment, and modes of transport
AeroSpace 2 Operations Rules
Details expansion and strategic options
- Boarding actions
- Crew quality
- Advanced sensors
- Force composition
- Zero-G operations
- Grounded DropShip
Rules to link individual scenarios into a dynamic campaign
- Assembling a force
- Campaign scores
- Scenario determination
- Campaign goals
- New scenario types: probes, recon raids, base attacks
- Updated terrain
BattleTech Strategic Game
Inner Sphere In Flames
Rules for strategic-level of play, to include complete campaigns and wars, and involving economic, political and technological aspects.
- Economics and resources
- Interests and personalities
- Communications and orders
Force Faction Tables
Provides simple data (BV, tonnage, cost and availability data) on combat equipment for different factions
- Star League (2750 and 3061)
- Clans (general and individual)
- Inner Sphere (general and individual)
- Word of Blake
- Mercenary (general)
- Periphery (general and individual)
- CBT has provided rulesets for all level of play: individual (MechWarrior RPG), squad (BattleTroops), lance and company (CBT board game) and battalion and higher (BattleForce 2). The BattleTech Strategic Game (usually referred to as ISIF or Inner Sphere In Flames) replaces the Succession Wars strategic game (published 1987) with a lot more rules and less dependence on luck. Where the previous incarnation was a board game, ISIF is role-playing at the strategic level. FanPro has continued to support the game in later products that allow for strategic play.