- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
Conventional Aircraft are the atmospheric only aircraft that have been around since the Wright Flyer's first takeoff. Though much more advanced and capable from that early model, Conventional Aircraft have largely been superseded in modern times by the AeroSpace Fighter which can operate in atmosphere and in space.
Ignoring the capabilities of a conventional aircraft is a mistake however. Capable of providing troop transport, reconnaissance, local air superiority and close air support, conventional aircraft can still be an effective combat unit. In addition, their lower construction cost and the relative ease of construction insures that most worlds have at least some conventional aircraft available.
VTOLs, though they use similar principles for flight, behave so differently that they are considered a completely different combat unit.
Conventional Aircraft are manufactured on the following planets:
- Total Warfare, p. 23