|Manufacturer||Niles Industriplex Alpha (Clan Hell's Horses)|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Model MH-24 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound H17 Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Engine||Fusion 160 Standard|
|Communications System||CH2 Series Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Version Gamma-V TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||4 Model KT Boosters|
The Corvis BattleMech sees very little use on the modern battlefield. In fact, only Clan Hell's Horses still manufactures this obsolete design. The Corvis was one of the predecessors to the OmniMech, utilizing the same semi-modular ports as the Star League Mercury 'mech. Clan technicians eventually expanded upon this design to create the Stormcrow. With the development of that front-line OmniMech, all of the Clans save the Horses lost interest in the Corvis, which was often derided as too slow for its weight class. In fact, the Corvis' only saving grace is its use of jump jets because they allow the medium-range 'Mech to be useful when on restricting terrain, such as urban environments. The Corvis was often deployed as support for conventional troops (such as combat vehicles and infantry), so it only seems natural that the Horses would want to keep producing it. The Corvis is protected by seven tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor; a good thing since it is so slow.
Weapons and Equipment
The main gun of the Corvis is its Type DL Ultra Autocannon/10. This is backed up by a pair of Series 14a Medium Pulse Lasers. These guns enable the Corvis to operate effectively in medium to short ranges. Between the generous supply of autocannon ammunition and ten double heat sinks that keep the 'Mech chilled, the Corvis can operate without resupply for a respectable amount of time.
- Corvis 2
- This variant was produced during the Jihad era in 3075, utilizing new technologies. The original's Ultra Autocannon has been replaced by a Class 20 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle with three tons of ammunition. The left arm-mounted Medium Pulse Lasers were similarly replaced with Heavy Medium Lasers. The 'Mech's accuracy has been improved with the addition of a Targeting Computer mounted in the left torso. BV (2.0) = 1,455
- MUL online date for the Corvis
- Master Unit List, "Corvis introduction dates"
- Combat Operations, p. 114
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 152-153, "Corvis 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 229
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 230 - Corvis 2 variant from RS3060u.