Dante (WarShip class)
|Manufacturer||ComStar Titan Yards|
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Sail Diameter||610 m|
|Safe Thrust||2.5 g|
|Top Thrust||4 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||13|
|Armament|| 16 x ER Large Lasers |
48 x Small Pulse Lasers
|Armor||600 tons of Ferro-Carbide|
|Crew||188, 24 Passengers|
|Grav Decks||1 x 135 meter diameter|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||24/0|
|Heat Sinks||650 Double Heat Sinks|
While ComStar had retained a number of ex-SLDF WarShips in mothballs, these required large crews which the Order could not yet supply. With a degree of automation akin to the Sovetskii Soyuz Class, the Dante Class was principally intended to serve as the command and escort ship for DropShip flotillas. The Dante's mix of speed, firepower and armor also make it adept at raiding tactics, but due to the purely defensive role of the Com Guards at the time of its creation the small cargo bay and full bunkerage it was designed with hamper any independent operations.
In all three Dante Class ships were constructed between 2935 and 2941 when the spiraling cost of the renovation of existing ships, difficulty in hiding both the vessels and large number of personnel to crew them from the Successor States and the death of the project's champion Primus York led to the program being frozen. As a proven design, Precentor Martial Focht had considered the construction of further Dante Class ships, but the loss of the Titan Yards to the Word of Blake occurred before construction could even be started.
Like many modern WarShips, the Dante Class features a mixture of capital class weaponry, naval autocannons and lasers, and smaller weaponry geared to fight fleets of DropShips and Aerospace Fighters, the Successor State navies having obliterated each others WarShips prior to its development. This weaponry is spread fairly evenly across every angle of the ship, with only the rear lacking in a capital weapon.
Due to the defensive role of the ComStar WarShip fleet and the inclusion of Lithium-Fusion Battery System, the Dante Class have limited cargo capacity of 17,087 tons split between two bays, and 12 fighter complement.
- Com Star
- CSV Narbonne - The Narbonne was built 2941 in and assigned to the ComGuard Second Fleet at Ross 248. Among the ships that took part in the disastrous Case White in March 3068, the Narbonne was salvaged by the Word of Blake, serving as part of the defensive squadron for the Titan Shipyards during Operation SCOUR's assault on the complex. 
- CSV Bordeaux - The Bordeaux was built in 2944 and assigned to the Com Guard First Fleet at Luyten 68-28. On 1 August 3068, the Bordeaux ran the Blakist blockade of Tukayyid. Personnel from the 104th Division were able to rescue Primus Sharilar Mori and some senior ComGuard officers. The vessel safely returned ComStar's leader to Orestes after reportedly only suffering minor damage. In the first week of November 3068, the Bordeaux was defending Orestes when Blakist forces attacked the planet. The Bordeaux was badly damaged, though ground troops were able to drive off the Word's forces. The Bordeaux took part in the liberation of Chara in 3077.
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 44
- Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, pp. 89-91, "Case White Underway!"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 97-99
- Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, p. 121, "Daring Rescue"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 17-18 & Blake Ascending, pp. 177-178, "Timeline"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 17-19 & Blake Ascending, pp. 177-179, "Blake's Judgment"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 11, "Timeline"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 60-61, "Charred Victory"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 45 & Blake Ascending, p. 205, "Desperate Getaway"
- Blake Ascending
- Dawn of the Jihad
- Field Manual: ComStar, pp. 156-157
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 202-203