(References to Denebola)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -37.82 Y: -1.63 [e]
- Star Type: K0V
- Position in System: 4 (of 10)
- Number of Moons: None
- Days to Jump Point: 5
- Surface Water: 67%
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Surface Gravity: 1.13
- Equatorial Temp: 18°C
- Highest Native Life: Mammals
Era Specific Data
- Governor: Irving Al-Salhar
- Planetary Legate: Jorg Kampephos
- Population: 1,078,000,000
Garrisoning Military Force
- 2240 - Independent planet 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony
- 3025 - Free Worlds League
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Free Worlds League
- 3062 - Free Worlds League
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Denebola has three large continents that straddle its equator. These continents (Slovakia, Neurasia, and Zadipos) are covered in forests and river systems. Most of the planet's population lives on these continents as Denebola is coming out of an ice age and the polar regions extend quite deeply into the temperate areas. The glaciers seen by the first colonists were impressive, reaching down into the higher tropical latitudes. This would dramatically affect early Denebolian history.
Denebola was the first colony to declare itself independent from the Terran Alliance. This independence was a mixed blessing, as the population lost access to the Terran Alliance traders and support systems. In their place were a series of loose alliances and trade agreements in order to get the food and supplies they needed to survive on their cold world. Unfortunately the colony worlds that supported Denebola were also suffering from the Demarcation Declaration, and couldn't spare much. Planetary communications broke down, and poorly planned agriculture and disease wiped out many smaller settlements. Only two groups of colonists survived, one on Zadipos and the other on Neurasia. These two colonies were located on opposite sides of the world, and each thought they were the only survivors.
When the Terran Hegemony arrived, the two colonies discovered each other. During Denebola's integration into the Hegemony a disagreement between the colonies over which one would be the capital and planetary government threatened to break out into war. Hegemony negotiators proposed a confederation style government where each colony would oversee it's own internal affairs and a planetary council composed of members of both colonies would decide matters that affected the whole world. This government style worked well for many years, only being replaced by a single world government after the fall of the Star League. It was during this period that Denebola was a member of the Tyrfing Province of the Hegemony.
During the Succession Wars the Free Worlds League and Lyran Commonwealth fought over the world several times. The influx of new immigrants and bureaucracies of the Great House forced Denebola to form a single world government. The long history of immigration made acceptance of Devlin Stone's relocation program easy for most of the inhabitants, and they were rewarded by seeing their world become the capital of Prefecture VIII.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)], p. 180, "World Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 117, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 110, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 177, "Lyran Alliance Deploment Table"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130