- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Is MechWarrior 5 About To Go Epic Exclusive?
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Curtiss Hydroponics (Power Systems Division)|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Kallon FWL Heavy Industrial w/CASE|
|Engine||Nissan 200 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||CurtissComm Mk III Heavy Industrial|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec 256/Missiletrac V Advanced|
The Diomede is an early post-Jihad Industrial 'Mech that was produced by Curtiss Hydroponics of Silver. Starting with the D-M3D-3 model, this massive ConstructionMech was designed to handle the rigors of harsh realities that face potential customers. In addition to handling potential construction tasks, the Diomede can also serve as a Security 'Mech if needed. Because of this combat equipment, the Republic of the Sphere requires users to pay large amounts in licensing fees to help keep to it from falling into the wrong hands.
Weapons and Equipment
The Diomede, in its intended role as ConstructionMech, has a single left arm-mounted Heavy Pile Driver, which is designed as a tool for digging and laying down cables. A pair of Rivet Guns are found on the 'Mech's fully articulated right arm, which can be used for holding various metal girders or other construction tools at the work site.
A Lift hoist is mounted on each of its side torsos, facing backwards allowing it to tow/carry large objects. The Diomede’s heavy tonnage and caterpillar track allow for great stability and mobility when it’s moving cargo and other construction materials with the hoists. The tracks are found on the leg actuators, and the Diomede must bend its knees in order to utilize them. The 'Mech is powered by a classic 200 Rated Nissan Fusion Engine, giving the design considerable amount of power to run its equipment and perform tasks.
To assist in demolition work, the 'Mech features a pair of Doombud 7-tubed Multi-Missile Launchers which are hidden in the side torsos. The launchers are guided by an Advanced Fire Control System, which allows it to use missiles to break down its intended subject for its task. Each of the launchers' 2 ton ammunition bays are protected by CASE. The 'Mech's hull is protected by 19 tons of Kallon's Heavy Industrial Armor. To further ensure the pilot's survival in case of dangerous conditions, attack, or crumbling buildings, the head is fitted with an Ejection Seat that is not normally installed in industrial 'Mechs. These latter qualities of the design have garnered interest by security and private mercenary units.
- This Diomede is a cheap Assault 'Mech introduced in 3092. None of the standard industrial equipment remains in this variant. It has been replaced by a pair of Medium Lasers, twin Machine Guns, and a Gauss Rifle. The 'Mech retains the twin MML-7 launchers. The tracks used by the standard Diomede remain. BV (2.0) = 1,609
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 110-111, "D-M3D-3 Diomede"
- MUL online entry for the Diomede
- MUL online entry for the Diomede D-M3D-4 variant
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 110, "Variant info".
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 165
- MUL online entry for the Diomede D-M3D-M variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 202