|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works|
|Chassis||Alshain Type 56-60H|
The Dragon was originally designed in a bid to replace the Shadow Hawk. After the 'Mech was turned down by the SLDF, the design was picked up by the Draconis Combine in 2754. The Dragon is primarily built for long-range combat but is capable of handling most threats that close to shorter ranges. With a ground speed of 86.4 km/h, the Dragon is capable of dictating the ranges that an enemy can engage. Finally, the Dragon is protected by ten tons of armor.
The Dragons primary weapon is an Imperator-A Autocannon/5. The Autocannon, along with the Telos DecaCluster LRM-10 launcher, gives the Dragon respectable long-range damage capabilities. Additionally, the Long Range Missiles give the Dragon indirect fire capabilities. For close combat, the Dragon carries two Victory 23R Medium Lasers, one of which is rear mounted.
- DRG-1C - The 1C Dragon replaces the Autocannon/5 with a longer range Autocannon/2. The 'Mech also has three additional tons of armor protection. This allows the Dragon to have an ever further direct fire reach, while reducing the direct fire capability at range by sixty percent. BV (1.0) = 1,021, BV (2.0) = 1,215
- DRG-1G - The 1G Dragon is a factory-produced variant of the 'Mech developed with the goal of reduced ammunition dependence at the expense of increased heat, replacing the Autocannon/5 with a PPC and adding a third Medium Laser. The success of the so-called Grand Dragon resulted in it completely replacing the original design. BV (1.0) = 997
- DRG-5N - The 5N variant of the Dragon is a field upgrade which utilizes Star League technology. The Autocannon has been upgraded to an Ultra Autocannon/5, which allows it to fire at twice the rate as a standard autocannon. Additionally, the rear facing Medium Laser has been removed from the 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 1,053, BV (2.0) = 1,223
- DRG-5Nr - This version adds a C3 Slave to the torso and adds two lasers to the 'Mech: one is restored to the rear-firing position while the second is mounted in the arm. To make room for this, the 5Nr carries a Light Autocannon/5. BV (2.0) = 1,277
- DRG-2Y Dragon Yorioshi - The personal ‘Mech of Benjamin Military District commander Warlord Syovo Yorioshi during the DCMS's Third Succession War invasion of Galtor III, all the standard weaponry of a Dragon save the left-arm mounted Medium Laser has been removed. Instead a Large Laser is mounted in the right arm, a Small Laser in the head and a SRM-4 and Flamer mounted where the LRM rack would normally be. With a single ton of SRM reloads, the weight saved allows five extra heat sinks to be carried and three more tons of armor to be added. BV (2.0) = 1,257
- Minobu Tetsuhara piloted a Dragon while training the original Ryuken, as well as during the Battle of Misery.
- Grand Dragon - Though based on the same chassis, the improved version of the Dragon was generally considered to be a different 'mech altogether. 
- Great Wyrm - While rejected by the SLDF, their successors the Clans found the filed away design specs and Clan Mongoose updated and altered into one very first new 'Mechs built on Clan Homeworlds, the Great Wyrm.
- DRG-2N - The 2N Dragon is also known as the Puffing Dragon. It is the version that Takashi Kurita piloted in 3052 during the defence of Luthien. Essentially an upgraded version of the 1N, it upgrades the AC/5 to an Ultra AC/5 and adds CASE to the right and left torso sections. The forward facing Medium Laser was dropped to free up the tonnage to do so. The heat sinks were upgraded to double heat sinks while the armor was reduced to nine tons. Note: Elsewhere, it is indicated that the mech used by Takashi Kurita during the Battle of Luthien was a Grand Dragon.
A 5th Sword of Light DRG-1N Dragon stomps onto an enemy Mech
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3039, p. 143
- ↑ Introductory Record Sheets, p. 16
- ↑ Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 88
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 88
- ↑ Historical Turning Points: Galtor, p. 18
- ↑ Wolves on the Border, p.??
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3050, p. 142
- ↑ BattleTechnology #21
- ↑ Luthien (scenario pack), p.??
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- 20 Year Update
- BattleTechnology #21
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor
- Introductory Record Sheets
- Luthien (scenario pack)
- Record Sheets: 3025/3026
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Inner Sphere)
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Wolves on the Border (Novel)