Extended Range Small Laser
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|ER Small Laser|
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||Clan = circa 2820|
|Damage|| Clan = 5
IS = 3
|Long Range|| Clan = 5-6
IS = 5
|Ammo Per Ton||n/a|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||n/a|
|BV (1.0)|| Clan = 31
IS = 17
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 31
IS = 17
The Extended-Range Small Laser (ER Small Laser) focuses a powerful beam of light on targets that causes damage by overheating or melting the target.
As the name suggests, the Extended-Range variant of the Small Laser increases the power of the beam to project it to much farther ranges. The power necessary to facilitate the production of such generates an increased quantity of waste heat.
As with most Clan energy weapons, the Clans lack their own standard Small Laser.
The Extended-Range Small Laser is manufactured on the following planets:
|BlazeFire Longshot||New Syrtis||Johnston Industries||???|||
|Diverse Optics Sunbeam||Irian||Diverse Optics Incorporated||???|||
|ExoStar Pinnacle (Clantech)||Delavan||ExoStar Laser Technologies||BLK-NT-5H Black Knight|||
|Magna Mk IV||Lopez||Magna||???|||
|Series 1|| Arcadia
| Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T4
The ER Small Laser has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- TechManual, p. 226, "Laser - Extended-Range (ER) Laser"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 343, "Clan Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 45, "BLK-NT-5H Black Knight"