- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Type||Energy (Heat-Inducing, Anti-Infantry)|
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere|
|Year Introduced||Clan = 2827 CFM|
|Tons|| Clan = 0.5 |
Inner Sphere = 1
|Ammo Per Ton||n/a|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||n/a|
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 6
IS = 6
Introduced in 2025, the standard Flamer taps into a BattleMech's reactor to produce heat in the form of a plasma release. An extremely short-ranged weapon, the Flamer is devastating against infantry, however damage done against other 'Mechs and vehicles is negligible, though it can raise the enemy unit's heat levels. The Flamer is also often used to set ambient objects such as trees aflame, making it useful for burning forests or cities in order to slow the enemy down or cover friendly movements. A clear example of such weapon usage in a 'Mech is the Firestarter BattleMech.
Flamer is manufactured on the following planets:
|Flame Tech K-213||Fletcher||Flame Tech|
|Hotshot||Coventry||Coventry Metal Works|
|Hotshot||Detroit||Detroit Consolidated MechWorks|
|Hotshot||Sterope||Sterope Defense Industries|
|Olympian||Irian||Irian BattleMechs Unlimited|
|Olympian||Shiro III||Irian BattleMechs Unlimited|
|Skylight Model 5||Terra||Pandora 'Mech Works|
|Zippo||Hesperus II||Defiance Industries|
|Zippo||Lushann||Lushann Industrials Limited|
The Flamer has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- MechCommander 2 (presented as Flamer Array)
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 218