(References to Fomalhaut)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 20.91 Y: 5.43 [e]
- Star Type: A3V
- Position in System: 3 (of 4)
- Number of Moons: 3 (Cryos, Scarlet, and Iolius)
- Days to Jump Point: 43
- Surface Water: 92%
- Atm. Pressure: High (Breathable)
- Surface Gravity: 1.11
- Equatorial Temp: 26°C
- Highest Native Life: Amphibians
Manufacturers & Companies
Era Specific Data
- Population: 956,000,000
- Governor: Rianna Lo-Weng
- Planetary Legate: Kieron Farther
Garrisoning Military Force
3055 to 3062 to 3067
- 2271 - Terran Alliance 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony
- 3025 - Federated Suns
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3052 - Draconis Combine
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from July)
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3078 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until April)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Fomalhaut was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, and became one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony.
Fomalhaut's original colonists were attracted to the world because more than three quarters of its surface is covered with water. These colonists, largely from the Hawaiian and Philippine Islands, were already familiar with living in large island chains and subtropical forest regions that were present on the world. Realizing that heavy industry probably wouldn't do well on the world, the colonists instead established an economy based on tourism. Eventually Fomalhaut became one of the Terran Hegemony's most popular resort worlds.
After the fall of the Star League, Fomalhaut served the same purpose for both the Federated Suns and the Draconis Combine. Amazingly, both militaries ignored the world for the most part. The lack of heavy industry removed most of the reasons for raiding the world, but Fomalhaut did suffer some raids from forces looking for water.
Formalhaut was one of several worlds to be attacked by the Word of Blake between the 19th and 21st of June 3068, and as with their other conquests that month the Blakists used a combination of biological, chemical and nuclear weapons to complete their conquest. Having been forcibly integrated into the Word of Blake Protectorate, Fomalhaut would remain an occupied world until freed by elements of the Combine thrust of Operation SCOUR. The resistance offered by the Blakists was so severe that additional reinforcements had to be drafted in to assist the Combine forces after several months of brutal combat in which both coalition and Blakist forces acted with a disregard for human life. Reinforcements arrived in the form of the Genyosha, who finally drove the Blakist defenders off the planet, but the planetary capital was destroyed in the assault and it wouldn't be until the 7th of April 3078 that the defenders would finally surrender to coalition forces.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 237, "World Profile"
- ↑ House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 133, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 40, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Updage, p. 70, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- ↑ ComStar (sourcebook), p. 84, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: ComStar, p. 125, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- ↑ Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 69-70, "Fomalhaut, Epsilon Indi Liberated"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 59, "The Jihad in Review"
- 20 Year Update
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130