Glass Spider (Galahad)
|Manufacturer||Dagda Industriplex Zeta|
|Chassis||Heavy-Series LX Endo Steel|
|Armor||Forging ZM15 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Fusion 240 Mk. V|
The Glass Spider is the direct descendant of the Star League Galahad, so it was only natural that was the name Inner Sphere observers gave it when they first encountered it. Little did they know the Clans had renamed it during the 2800s. In order to mount its armament, the Glass Spider has ten and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor packed on an Endo Steel frame. This design has become one of the most popular second-line BattleMechs through a combination of low cost and simple effectiveness.
The weapons on the Glass Spider are simple and straight-forward: two Gauss Rifles. The long-range, powerful guns devastate most opponents quickly. Five tons of ammunition keep the rail guns well-supplied, while ten double heat sinks allow the 'Mech to take engine damage with no loss of function.
- Glass Spider 2 - Created by Clan Wolf during the 2900s, this variant replaces the weapons with an all-energy configuration. Two Large Pulse Lasers, two Medium Pulse Lasers, and three Small Pulse Lasers are all guided by a Targeting Computer that makes this 'Mech deadly accurate. Sixteen double heat sinks keep heat buildup under wraps. This variant is incredibly popular, though it is not very prevalent. BV (1.0) = 1,755, BV (2.0) = 2,038
- Glass Spider 3 - Clan Star Adder first fielded this variant based on the Glass Spider 2 in 3065 that is so thorough a redesign it even looks different. A pair of Type DDS Kingston ER PPCs gives it the same long-range firepower as the original without ammunition dependency. The two Series PPS-XIX Medium Pulse Lasers are retained, though the smalls are exchanged for three Series 6A Heavy Medium Lasers. The Targeting Computer remains to guide all the weapons. BV (1.0) = 1,864, BV (2.0) = 2,508
- ↑ MUL online date for the Glass Spider (Galahad)
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 108
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 196
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 111
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 197
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 117
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 198