- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Engine||Class 10 Fusion Engine|
|Speed||(see notes) km/h|
The Ground Car was presented in MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game (first edition) as a generic piece of equipment, a wheeled road vehicle similar to a regular 20th century automobile in function. A record sheet for the baseline model was published in Record Sheets Volume Five: Vehicles.
At 3 tons, the Ground Car was built under Fractional Accounting construction rules.
Weapons and Equipment
The Ground Car as presented is unarmed, and armored with 1 ton of armor.
- Sources disagree on the ground speed of the Ground Car. While MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game states a speed profile under boardgame rules of 9/14 (equivalent to 151.2 km/h max speed), while the record sheet found in Record Sheets Volume Five: Vehicles states a 10/15 movement profile (equivalent to 162 km/h max speed). Combat vehicle construction rules would suggest the latter to be correct for a 3-ton vehicle with a class 10 fusion engine, though it seems strange for a civilian utility vehicle to be built to combat vehicle specs. Due to the later publication date, it can be assumed that the second source is correct.
- MUL entry
- MechWarrior RPG, p. 58