- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3026)|
Halsten’s Brigade were a mercenary Heavy Armour unit. They had a good reputation in the Lyran Commonwealth as a tough nut to crack. The Brigade has been called on numerous times to provide defensive firepower against overwhelming BattleMech forces.
In battle with House Marik forces on Poulsbo in January 3026, a platoon from Headhunter Company discovered an enemy Union DropShip forming a strongpoint. In the morning, both Hammer and Striker Battalions are sent out to destroy it. The battle was fierce against the defending BattleMechs, but the tanks narrowly succeed thanks in no small part to Private “sniper” Jones' shooting.
The Cavalry Battalion was usually kept for special missions, as the Colonel wasn’t a fan of them. The Colonel had even been known to use heavy armor in a reconnaissance role.
|Commanding Officers of Halsten's Brigade|
Major Tucker Sears commanded Hammer Battalion
Major Haughton commanded the Cavalry (Striker) Battalion
Private Frederick “sniper” Jones was a gunner in a Shrek belonging to Headhunter Company. He had a reputation for never missing a shot when it mattered, often downing a BattleMech with a headshot. He called the PPC the fingers and joked about giving someone either “all three fingers” or just “the middle finger”. 
- Reinforced Armour Regiment
- Hammer Battalion
- Striker Battalion
Detachment of MPs
- Sniper (short story)
- ‘’Technical Readout: 3026’’, p. 74