Duke Hassid Alexander Ricol of Kaesong (Born 2977 - Died 307?), also known as The Red Duke, was a influential Draconis Combine noble. He was also a prominent member of the secret Black Dragon Society (Kokuryu-kai), under the alias Ruby.
Against the Gray Death Legion
Alshain Military District
In 3034, following the creation of the Free Rasalhague Republic, the remaining Rasalhague Military District worlds in the Draconis Combine were reorganized as the Alshain Military District with Ricol being posted as its Warlord. This posting was a reward from Theodore Kurita for his providing the Combine with a copy of the Helm Memory Core - a bargaining chip Ricol played only when threatened with the loss of his duchy.
In 3071, Ricol, under the codename of "Ruby" meets with Councel of Gems. They discuss the problems of the Clan Nova Cat disobeying the Combine's current government and civil disobedience of Azami people. Ricol suggests to have their agents to influencing crew of the Kirishima-class WarShip DCA Siriwan to attack one of the worlds of the Azami.
By Late 3072, elements of the Sons of the Dragon and a DEST team managed to capture two of the Black Dragon's ruling members on Luthien. Code named Pearl and Diamond of the Council of Gems, they revealed names of their leading members after interrogation. It was revealed that the late Duke Ricol was member of the Kokuryu-kai.
|Warlord of the Alshain Military District
| Succeeded by|
- Duke Ricol was known for owning the only privately operated Behemoth-class DropShip in existence. 
- It is interesting that the Black Dragon ruling council used Council of Gem code-names. That system was also used by Rasalhague resistance movement that attempted to assassinate Takashi Kurita in 3019. Ricol was part of that conspiracy, and also went by the name "Ruby".
- ↑ Heir to the Dragon, p. 285
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 53, "Council of Gems"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 43, "Black Dragons Unmasked"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 162, "Mówáng-class courier"