|Chassis||GM Fury-M Endo Steel|
|Engine||GM 270 XL|
|Communications System||Dalban SuperMicronics w/Guardian ECM|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 80|
The flagship design of GM's Talcott production facility, the Hellspawn was designed in response to a call from the AFFC for a modern highly mobile fire-support BattleMech to compete with the older Dervish. The Hellspawn is built on a GM Fury-M Endo Steel chassis that weighs half as much as a standard chassis. The Hellspawn carries a GM 270 XL engine that gives it a top speed of 97.2 km/h and also weighs half as much as a standard engine while making the 'Mech susceptible to a combat kill from a side torso loss. For protection from enemy electronic warfare equipment such as C3 or Artemis IV, the Hellspawn is equipped with a Guardian ECM Suite. To enhance the 'Mechs mobility it has six Rawlings 80 jump jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters. Finally, the Hellspawn has six and a half tons of armor that is barely adequate when compared to other medium 'Mechs.
The Hellspawn has two Federated 10-shot LRM-10 launchers which make the 'Mech capable of providing both direct and indirect long range fire support. For self defense or close combat, the Hellspawn has three RAMTech 800P Medium Pulse Lasers.
- HSN-8E - The 8E is a variant aimed at increasing the 'Mech's long range effectiveness. Two of the Medium Pulse Lasers have been traded for lighter ER Medium Lasers and an Artemis IV system has been added to each LRM launcher. BV (1.0) = 1,186, BV (2.0) = ??
- HSN-9F - The 9F variant is designed for close combat. The Hellspawn 9F removes both of the LRM-10 launchers and replaces them with more potent, but shorter ranged, MRM-20 launchers giving the 'Mech more punch at the cost of ranged combat capabilities. BV (1.0) = 998, BV (2.0) = ??,
- HSN-7D2 Hellspawn Halperin - The personal 'Mech of Crucis March Militia deserter turned bandit inside-woman Greta Halperin, her Hellspawn has been extensively modified with experimental technologies to turn it into a deadly first strike backstabber. Both LRM launchers are swapped for two single shot Rocket Launcher 20s and each arm mounted Pulse Laser is replaced with a pair of ER Medium Lasers. The torso mounted pulse laser is dropped entirely for two rear facing ER Small Lasers, while two additional tons of armor improve the Hellspawns weak armor. Two extra heat sinks enhanced by a trio of Coolant Pods allow Halperin to Alpha Strike repeatedly until her targets are destroyed, while switching the Guardian for an advanced Angel ECM Suite prevents any chance of her high-ranked marks calling for help. BV (2.0) = 1,415 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 67-68, "Hellspawn 'Mech Profile"
- ↑ MUL online date for the Hellspawn
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Combat Operations, p. 127
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Pirates, p. 5, 18