(References to Izar)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -59.94 Y: 98.11 [e]
- Star Type: K0V and B5VI
- Position in System: 1 (of 6)
- Number of Moons: 2 (Banta, Nunascus)
- Days to Jump Point: 6
- Surface Water: 51%
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Surface Gravity: 0.84
- Equatorial Temp: 29°C
- Highest Native Life: Fish
Era Specific Data
- Population: 710,000,000
- Governor: Marcus Rowanda
- Planetary Legate: Talia Svensson
Garrisoning Military Force
- 2237 - Terran Alliance (contested)
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Izar was one of a number of worlds which attempted to become independent during the Outer Reaches Rebellion. The Terran Alliance dispatched troops to occupy Izar, but those troops found that the planetary capital had been abandoned by the native Izarians and was completely deserted. The Alliance forces were able to occupy the capital without any contest, but found it almost impossible to penetrate the thickly forested hills around the capital, where much of the population had dispersed. Alliance patrols sent into the local surroundings invariably disappeared, and while the Izarians were primitively armed compared to the occupying forces, they were experts on the local terrain and could move easily in the woods where Alliance troops couldn't bring their high-tech but cumbersome weaponary into play.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dark Age: Republic Worlds, p. 211, "Planet Profile"
- ↑ ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "ComGuards Deployment Table"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Periphery, 1st Edition, p. 14, "Outer Reaches Rebellion"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130