- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Mech_Con 2018 Roundup Day 1 - MW5 Release Date, Trailers, And A New 'Mech!
- Artist Photoshops ‘Mechs Into Classic Paintings, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Fan-Made BattleTech Comic Based On MechWarrior Online Coming Soon
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Year Introduced||IS = 2430 TH|
|Year Extinction||Clan = 2850|
|Ammo Per Ton||n/a|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||n/a|
"Laser" stands for "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation", or a device that emits an amplified, contiguous beam of light onto a small surface area. Lasers cause damage by firing an intense beam of light at a target, flooding concentrated energy in the form of heat, which can melt material and overwhelm heat-sensitive electronics. The Large Laser differs from its smaller cousins by being a gamma-ray laser firing a much more powerful beam, allowing it to reach to further ranges and cause more damage. However, the increased bulk and heat generation limits the weapon to ground vehicles, aircraft, and BattleMechs. The type was first introduced by the Terran Hegemony in 2430.
The Large Laser is manufactured on the following planets:
The Large Laser has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- TechManual, pp. 226-227, "Laser - Standard Laser"
- TechManual, p. 291, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 99, "Laser Systems"
- BattleTech Master Rules
- Combat Operations
- Era Report: 2750
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3026
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3057
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Total Warfare