(References to Lushann)
Lushann neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||204 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||6°C (Boreal)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Population|| 28,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)|| C (3025) (Precentor Hudsenn Brax)|
- 2571 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2581 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2583 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2585 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2596 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2750 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2822 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2864 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3025 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3030 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3040 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3050 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3052 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3054 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3057 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3059 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3062 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3063 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3067 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3075 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3079 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3081 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3085 - Raven Alliance 
- 3130 - Raven Alliance 
- 3135 - Raven Alliance 
- 3145 - Raven Alliance 
Lushann has a semi-arctic global climate, but due to its former geologic past, it enjoys a plentitude of oil deposits, of which the planet's primary industry -the petrochemical companies- take full advantage. Close to two-thirds of the population works for the industry, and Lushann is the largest source of petrochemicals in the Outworlds Alliance. The second largest industry is weapons manufacturing, as represented by Lushann Industries, which employs almost the remaining one third.
The planet has four continents, Texas, Energia, Evergreen where the capital city Grimandi is located and Hellas.
Most of the workers live in underground facilities to protect them against the forbidding temperatures. Those who live on the surface must do so under one of the many domes that protect the larger cities. Since life on Lushann can be bleak, every summer the capital city (Grimaldi) holds MechWarrior games. This is one of the few exceptions to the Alliance's standing policy of forbidding non-Alliance military and paramilitary forces from entering the realm.
Geologic ages ago, Lushann was covered in thick forests and swamps.
Lushann was a central and important industrial world within the Outworlds Alliance when Operation UNION HOLD began in 2581. After the major Periphery states rejected the Pollux Proclamation in 2575, the Star League began planning for the forced incorporation of all of the Periphery nations into the Star League. Operation UNION HOLD was the name given to the invasion of the Outworlds Alliance, which saw two corps of Star League Defense Force troops and a mixed brigade of DCMS forces begin systematically occupying Alliance worlds. Lushann escaped the attentions of the the Star League and Combine forces - collectively referred to as the Outworlds Alliance Task Force - until early 2583 when three years of battles for control of the world began.
The SLDF V Corps had conquered the nearby world of Ki Zoban in January 2583, and the V Corps commander, Major General Victoria Zibler, ordered the entire 15th Division to attack Lushann in March. The 15th Division was tasked to destroy the defenders, in particular the Pitkin Lancers, who were equipped with advanced Star League BattleMechs captured after the surrender of the 37th Royal Brigade on Haynesville in 2582.
Cerberus, the most heavily industrialised planet in the Alliance, had just been attacked and occupied by II Corps under the command of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force, General Amos Forlough. With Cerberus occupied, the Alliance couldn't afford to lose an important industrial world like Lushann; Alliance President Grigori Avellar ordered the Pitcairn Legion to Lushann, with orders to defend the world at all costs. When the Legion arrived in late April, the planetary garrison had managed to stubbornly hold the cities of Rotta and Sanbornton against the 15th Division, but were losing the battle elsewhere. Elias Pitcairn took the fight straight at the 15th when the Legion arrived on-planet, to which Zibler responded by directly engaging the Legion forces, pinning them in place while Forlough continued a two-month campaign to destroy the Alliance's ability to resist.
When leaked intelligence alerted the Outworlds Alliance Militia Chairman Welkens Nordd to the impending SLDF attack on Tellman IV, he had no choice but to withdraw the Pitcairn Legion from Lushann and try and blunt Forlough's campaign against other Alliance worlds, but Nordd ordered the 4th Armored Division to Lushann to allow the Legion to extract itself from the ongoing battle.
The conflicts on Cerberus, Tellman IV and Lushann in 2583 inflicted a heavy toll on those involved, reducing the level of conflict to a constant slow grind by late 2853/early 2584. Lushann proved a source of embarassment for Star League First Lord Ian Cameron when the first true Interstellar Aid Organization, Borderless Hope, not only had three seperate aid expeditions to worlds within the Alliance refused permission to land by Amos Forlough in 2583 and 2584, but then had two dozen aid workers killed on Lushann in September 2583 when fired on by Forlough's troops.
By the time Major General Franklin Barnex replaced Amos Forlough as commander of the Task Force in June 2584, the battle on Lushann had spent seven months smouldering rather than flaring; within weeks of taking over, a visit to the Star League forces on Lushann by Barnex had caused the conflict to briefly heat up again, but even the arrival of the 42nd Brigade to join the 15th Division forces after the 42nd's raid on Loparri hadn't managed to give the Star League forces the impetus or strength needed to conquer Lushann. Lushann remained a contested world up until peace was declared on the 1st of August 2585 with the Treaty of Cerberus.
During the Jihad, Lushann suffered a surprisingly low amount of 'interest' by the Word of Blake. It has been opined that this may have been due to the degree of difficulty any attacks upon Lushann Industries Limited would have had, as all of its facilities are underground, while others speculated it was by the protection provided by the Fourth Alliance Air Wing, stationed on the southern continent, that persuaded the Blakists to look elsewhere.
Outworlds Alliance Militia
- Alliance Borderers
- Pitkin Lancers
- 3rd Armored Division
- 4th Armored Division (from July 2583)
- 1st Pitcairn Legion (from March to July 2583)
- 3rd Pitcairn Legion (from March to July 2583)
- Eighteenth Raven Garrison Cluster
| Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years) |
Closest planets first:
- ↑ 1.01.11.21.18.104.22.168.71.8The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 120, "Lushann"
- ↑ 2.002.012.022.032.042.052.062.072.082.092.102.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199Objectives: The Clans, p. 19, "Lushann Planet Profile"
- ↑ 3.03.1Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 147, "Outworlds Alliance after Age of War (2571) and at the Fall of the Star League (2750)"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns After Age of War "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 106, "Reunification War: Outworlds Alliance Front Deployments (2581)"
- ↑ 6.06.16.2Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Battle for Lushann"
- ↑ 7.07.1Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Year Five: Peace In Our Time"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns After First Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns After Second Succession War "
- ↑ The Periphery (sourcebook), p.156, "The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns After Fourth Succession War "
- ↑ Hanbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns After the War of "
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p.46, "Map of Periphery States: The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Outworlds Alliance"
- ↑ Inner Sphere, p. 97, "Near Periphery Kingdoms Map"
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 150, "Outworlds Alliance (3067)
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere "
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Field Report: Clans, p. 30, "Clan Snow Raven & Outworlds Alliance Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- ↑ 31.031.131.2Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 163, "Lushann Industrials Limited"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 123, "Ki Zoban"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Baby Killers Unleashed"
- ↑ 34.034.134.234.3Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Day of Vengeance"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 125, "Year Four: Slow Grind"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 125, "Borderless Hope"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Negotiation"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 141, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3145, p. 173, "Clan Force Deployments - Raven Alliance"
- ↑ Objectives: The Clans, p. 19, "Lushann Industrials Limited"
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Periphery
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report: DCMS
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: The Clans
- The Periphery (sourcebook)
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition