Morgan Hasek-Davion (born 3005 – died 3060) was an early 31st century House Davion nobleman who later became Duke of New Syrtis and March Lord of Capellan March. He was the son of Michael Hasek-Davion and Marie Davion.
He is originally a student of The Warrior's Hall on New Syrtis, and was later transferred after two year there to New Avalon Military Academy. After graduating, he was assigned to served with the Davion Heavy Guard in 3027.
With his assignment to the Davion Heavy Guards, Hanse Davion used this as a means to keep Morgan's father, Michael in line. Morgan had become Hanse's designated heir to the throne of Federated Suns with Hanse Davion's ascension to the throne. As time went on, Morgan had grown more estranged from his father and his devotion to House Davion becoming more important than his own loyalties to his father. By coming to New Avalon, he felt he was come home.
He was asked by Hanse to be his Best Man at his wedding on Terra, which he accepted wholeheartedly. Though he was happy to be Hanse's best man, he feels caught between his uncle and his father's secret feud over the throne. He strongly believed his father was wrong to try and usurp the throne. After the public announcement of him becoming Hanse Davion's Best Man at his wedding, he takes a long walk to consider his situation. After passing the Davion Peace Garden, he finds himself coming to rescue of young women being mugged. He easily overwhelms them and rescues the injured women, Kym Sorenson. The rescue marks the beginning of new relationship between the two of them.
Morgan, when not dating Kym, devoted his studies to military history and improving his command abilities. She so close to him that that he plays private holovids from his father. Unknowingly Kym secretly reports to Quintus about these activities. Quintus reports to Hanse Davion that Morgan's abilities are greatly improved and his loyalty remains firmly with the Prince. Quintus also endorses Morgan's abilities. Morgan's reading of historical and current battle reports leads him to applying them to simulations to try out his ideas to leading a flight. Copies of his efforts slip quietly to Quintus Allard's hands where he has them tested. Test results indicate this is the highest scoring of any individual the minister had ever seen. He reports to his prince that he reliable and he could take command destroy any Capellan unit they lay before him.
Fourth Succession War
After the break out of the new war, he is detached from the Davion Heavy Guard and forced stay on the side lines. This was to ensure that heir-apparent is kept alive, but Morgan becomes restless to prove his worth and wants to bring glory to House Davion.
Morgan pushed Hanse to release him in the war, citing that he as his heir had never prevented him fighting before when he served with the Davion Heavy Guard. Morgan tells Hanse that he understand he needed to be here as the Heir-Designate. He still feel urge to hit the field. Hanse tells him that he is needed on New Avalon, in reserve when he needs him the most. Morgan grudgingly accept Hanse's opinion regardless of how restless he feels.
Battle for Kathil
On August 6th, Morgan is rushed from the training to Hanse's office private office at his palace. His Uncle, first apologizes to him for holding him back for so long and not trusting him fully. He then tells him he now sending him on a critical mission to save the JumpShip Shipyards of Kathil from being crippled by an inbound Liao strike force. In addition to this, he must take whatever troops he has left and to conduct an extraction raid on Sian to retrieve their agent who warned them. He is told that he would only have Kathil's green militia, a reinforced company and the survivors of the Fifth Syrtis Fusiliers to fight with. That night he departs for Kathil, to rescue the Federated Suns from what Hanse Davion says is their own destruction.
By the end of the month, Morgan arrives on Kathil. He meets with his old classmate friend Captain Andrew Redburn, now a veteran commander of a reinforced company for the Davion Light Guards. On August 29th, Morgan takes Andrew and rest of his officers on tour of Kearny-Fuchida Yare Industries's Microwave Broadcasting Station. The tour is lead by the Broadcasting Station's Fredek Vebber. After a brief tour showing how the station uses microwave bursts to power its orbital factories, Morgan asks if it is possible to use the tower to hit an incoming hostile DropShip. Vebber refuses to even consider it and refuses to take orders from someone he views as an upstart royalty. Morgan then asks a tech if he was able to do what he asked and tech agreed that he could easily. Morgan pulls out his pistol, points it at Vebber and informs him that he is not needed. He then gathered the men and women of the Kathil Capellan March Militia's Third Battalion, Davion Light Guards's Delta Reinforced-Company, and late 5th Syrtis Fusiliers's Omega Company together at Kathil's reserve base. He announces directly to the 3rd Battalion, they are to be the core of a new military command. He said they have been gathered together to fight what could be FedSun's most desperate fight of war. House Liao's plans to strike at the venerable shipyards here and their newly formed unit will fight them and stop them. He tells them they will be known as the 1st Kathil Uhlans.
On September 7th, Liao invaders arrived. At Morgan's command, Yare's Broadcast Dish used a powerful micro beam burst to destroy one of the Death Commando's Union-class DropShips. He took command of the 1st Kathil forces defending the Median Power Company's geopower plants, against the 4th Tau Ceti Rangers and after flanking them pushes them into a hidden mine field. After his forces manage to defeat the Rangers, he moves to assist Andrews's battle against the Death Commandos. Morgan is able stop an enemy Cataphract closing in on the Yare broadcasting complex.
After the battle, he received a debriefing from his men regarding the status of their Regiment. Morgan announces that he brokered a deal with 4th Tau Ceti Ranger's Union DropShip crews that they would be repatriated to Tikonov if they do little job for him. He tells them they have orders to conduct an extraction raid, posing as 4th Tau Ceti Rangers. In disbelief, Redburn tells him they'd blown away for failing their mission to hit Kathil. Morgan say, the Rangers would not be shot down, that they will have valuable prize for Chancellor..
In October 22nd, Morgan's ships arrive in Sian orbit. Prior to their landing, Morgan talks to his friend Andrew Redburn. Andrew seems to be bothered, he tells him that he conflicted with facing to kill his old friend now enemy, Justin Xiang. Now over Sian, he feels conflicted with the prospect of killing him. Morgan tells him that knows how he feels, that he doesn't want to kill him for the sake of their lost his friendship they developed on Kittery. Morgan explains, to Redburn that his relationship his father had gone the same way. Morgan says to him that needs to let go of Justin, way he did his father. Since their now changed people.
As their DropShips descent to DropPort, Morgan orders their DropShips to fire the LRM launchers with special chemical rounds. The thick mist gases created by the LRMs rounds causes the newly enhanced fiber myomer of the Liao 'Mechs to burn their myomer based muscles once their hulls are breached. He leads his forces to maul the Imarra Warrior House troops. After the last of the Liao defenders were defeated, he guarded the Overlord DropShip as Davion agent Justin Allard boarded ship with Duchess Candice Liao
On November 16th, 3029, Morgan and the other key people from his operation, including Justin Allard, attended an official gathering at Avalon City's Notre Dame Cathedral. His uncle, Hanse Davion, honored him by telling the people of the event of his accomplishments and frustration being held back in the war. For saving Kathil and rescuing Davion agents on Sian, he inducing him into the Order of Davion. Also, despite Morgan refusing any reward, he gives him a letter. An overjoyed Morgan reads the leter and explains that Hanse's wife Melissa Steiner is pregnant, which relieves him finally of the burden of being Hanse's heir-apparent.
Morgan marries his beloved Kym Sorenson, and has three children together. He also was given the title Marshal of the Armies for newly formed Federated Commonwealth Armed Forces. Named Champion of the AFFC, he command armies under command Hanse Davion.
War of 3039
Task Force Serpent
Marshal Hasek-Davion was selected to lead Task Force Serpent, a multinational strike force intended to invade the Clan Smoke Jaguar homeworld, Huntress. He was assassinated via poison before arrival in Clan space, leaving command of Task Force Serpent to General Ariana Winston of the Eridani Light Horse.
Family and children
With Kym Sorenson Hasek-Davion, he has three children. His elder son, George, daughter Angela and younger son Cyrus. Morgan Hasek-Davion declared his family would no longer carry on with Hasek-Davion surname name and only be known as Hasek.
Titles and ranks
|Field Marshal & Minister of Capellan March
3029 – 3060
| Succeeded by|
George Hasek II
|Duke of New Syrtis
3029 – 3060
| Succeeded by|
George Hasek II
Early in his career, Morgan had been noted Atlas pilot, using the 'Mech during the Fourth Succession War, and beyond. He was later given a Clan Daishi OmniMech which he would have used for Task Force Serpent if he were not murdered on the way to Huntress.
|“||Communication is inarguably the lifeblood of the army.||”|
|— General Morgan Hasek-Davion|
- Morgan Hasek-Davion.jpg
- Morgan Hasek-Davion (2).jpg
Morgan Hasek-Davion at the Age of 45
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 66, "Morgan Hasek-Davion Profile"
- ↑ The Hunters, ch.30
- ↑ Warrior: Riposte, p. 164 - "Michael arrives with wife Marie for Hanse's wedding".
- ↑ Warrior: Riposte, p. 124 - "Morgan asks explains why he was asking what happen had to his former classmate Andrew Redburn. Whom he went to school at Warrior's hall for his first 2 years military education".
- ↑ Warrior: Riposte, p. 56 - "Morgan walks in Davion Peace Garden reflecting his situation as he gazed as Silver Eagle memorial".
- ↑ Warrior: Riposte, pp. 56-59 - "Morgan rushes to the rescue of then Kym being mugged by couple thugs".
- ↑ Warrior: Riposte, p. 121 - "Quintus Allard reports to 1st Prince Hanse Davion of Morgan Hasek-Davions has not shown signs of being part of Duke Michael's shadier activities".
- ↑ Warrior: Riposte, pp. 121-122 - "Quintus continues to give Hanse Davion report from Kym Sorenson of Morgan Hasek-Davion's activates".
- ↑ Warrior: Riposte, p. 255 - "Morgan protest his Hanse denying him chance to fight in the war".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, p. 208 - "Hanse Davion orders Morgan Hasek-Davion to risk life and limb to stop incoming Liao raid and retrieve their agent from Sian".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, pp. 226-227 - "Morgan and his command staff arrive at Yare and take tour lead by station manager Fredek Vebber".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, pp. 229-230 - "Morgan pulls gun to Vebber, threatening his life, if he tries stop him using broadcasting dish defending the planet from invasion".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, pp. 231-233 - "Morgan meets with Kathil Militia Reserves, tells him he needs them for what could be FedSun's most desperate hour. Forms the 1st Kathil Uhlans".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, p. 246 - "Morgan arrives and saves the day, allowing Andrew's forces finish the rest of the Death Commando".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, p. 249 - "Morgan tells his people he cut a deal with Ranger's DropShips to deliver them to Sian".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, p. 250 - "Morgan explains his plan to slip on to Sian posed as the 4th Tau Ceti Rangers. They will send a false message stating that he was captured and made their prisoner".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, pp. 285-286 - "Morgan tells his of his childhood of his relationship changing between him and his father".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, p. 300 - "Morgan cheers as it becomes apparent gas are that burning the myomer after being hit".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, pp. 312-313 - "Morgan welcomes back Justin Allard onboard and back the Federated Suns".
- ↑ Warrior: Coupé, p. 322 - "Morgan given the letter from Melissa, of him becoming a father".
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 88 - "Morgan marries, and has three kids".
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 88 - "Morgan Hasek-Davion personal profile - Rank of Marshal of Armies, Duke of New Syrtis, Champion of AFFC listed".