(References to Novaya Zemlya)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 180.54 Y: -184.61[e]
- Star Type (Recharge Time): G2IV (183 hours)
- Position in System: 4th
- Time to Jump Point: 9.12 days
- Number of Satellites: 3 (Doriya, Kanto’s Ground, Ust)
- Surface Gravity: 1.04
- Atmosphere Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Surface Water Coverage: 48%
- Equatorial Temperature: 30°C (Temperate)
- Highest Native Life: Plant
- Recharging Station: None
- HPG Class Type: B
- Landmasses (Capital City): Barents, Kara, Severny, Yushny (Arkangel)
Era Specific Data
- Noble Ruler: Premier Estefani Shako
- Population Size: 43,980,000
- Socio-Industrial Levels/USIIR: C-C-B-D-C
- Population: 44,332,000
- Socio-Industrial Levels: C-C-B-D-C
Garrisoning Military Force
Novaya Zemlya was settled by ethnic Russians from Terra. These early settlers formed close ties to the St. Ives Mercantile Association, Crucis Pact, and Tikonov Grand Union. The inhabitants voted to join the Federated Suns in 2325, but still retained close ties to their long-time trading partners in St. Ives and Tikonov. That all changed during the Age of War.
Novaya Zemlya has the dubious honor of being the first inhabited world bombarded by WarShips. In 2399 the Capellan Confederation was under severe pressure from the AFFS. Seeking to alleviate that pressure, the CCAF sent a fleet of WarShips to Novaya Zemlya. The resulting bombardment killed three-quarters of the world's population, destroyed nearly all cities and planetary infrastructure, and poisoned the farmlands. The few survivors had to then deal with the "nuclear winter" that resulted from the dust and debris thrown into the world's upper atmosphere. It would be centuries before the world began to recover to any significant degree, even with the advanced technology of the first Star League to assist.
In 3025, the planet was chosen by House Davion as a concentration area for troops bent on recapturing Stein's Folly because of its thick cloud layer, which renders enemy reconnaissance through spy ships or drones ineffective. The world had also recovered to the point where new colonists could grow crops on the world. The AFFS established additional facilities on the world, including a Combat Training Center and a material reclamation and rehabilitation center. This in turn lead to more manufacturers investing in factories on the world. Federated Industries established a major facility on Novaya Zemlya, but the most significant event was the relocation of the Kathil PDZ headquarters and Operations Area headquarters to the world during the FedCom Civil War. These twin headquarters remained on the world after the end of hostilities, and are unlikely to move again soon.
- 2596 - Federated Suns 
- 2750 - Federated Suns
- 3025 - Federated Suns
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3062 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3067 - Federated Suns
- 3130 - Federated Suns 
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Handbook: House Davion, p. 90, "Planet Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 9, "Industrial Systems"
- ↑ Shattered Sphere, p. 31, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- ↑ Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 9
- ↑ The Sword and the Dagger, p. ??
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130