(References to Nykvarn)
Nykvarn neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||185 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||29°C (Warm-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- - At this point in time the 1st operating at 65% of full strength, with 48% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Annually, a deadly viral plague would break-out on Nykvarn's northern continent, the location of which was also the site of special type of grain that was the only viable cure for it. At the first sign of the plague, the grain was harvested and baked into loaves of bread which the locals ate to survive that year's outbreak. 
Nykvarn was held by the Combine until the Clan Invasion. When the 19th Striker Cluster struck in May 3050 during Clan Smoke Jaguar's second invasion wave. The Nykvarn Armored Battalion would stage a mobile defensive campaign, using their fast hovercraft to outdistance the slower-moving Jaguar Assault OmniMechs, but despite a few initial victories, the Nykvarn defenders would swiftly fall to Star Captain Castris and his Supernova Assault Trinary. Fighting to the last man, to honor the courage and martial prowess shown by the Nykvarn defenders, the Smoke Jaguars erected a monument to the members of the battalion.  
Nykvarn would unfortunately be a poster child for the ignorance and mismanagement of the planetary governors installed by the Smoke Jaguars on the worlds within their Occupation Zone. After the planet's capture, the governor shut down a large farm on the northern continent and transferred its workers to a munitions plant, the farm being the sole production site for the grain vital to overcoming the planet's annual plagues. 
While the Nykvarn's population desperately tried to convince the Smoke Jaguar governor of the necessity of the farm and its grain, he knew nothing of the plague and blindly suspected their efforts were some kind of "Inner Sphere trickery" to halt munitions production. Without the grain, over a quarter of the local population and many of his own warriors would die from the plague during that year's outbreak. The governor himself would die three weeks into the epidemic, mere days before Smoke Jaguar scientists succeeded in developed a usable vaccine. 
Nykvarn was invaded in the second wave of Operation Bulldog by the 6th An Ting Legion, Ryuken-go, and the Red Lancers; the defending Clan Smoke Jaguar 124th Garrison Cluster was completely wiped out.     
1st Combine-Ghost Bear WarEdit
The Sixth Bear Regulars of Clan Ghost Bear's Omicron Galaxy struck Nykvarn in 3062 during the 1st Combine-Ghost Bear War. The sheer volume of the Sixth's assault 'Mechs easily allowed them to shatter the green 5th Sun Zhang Cadre's initial defenses, the Cadre losing an entire battalion alone during the first battle. Recognizing they had little chance in a stand-up fight, the Cadre bogged down the Sixth's assault by going to ground and waging a guerrilla campaign.    
The unconventional tactics worked, though the Cadre's survivors were finally forced to withdraw to Brocchi's Cluster, they were able to hold out until the Ryuken-san were on-way to Nykvarn. The elite Ryuken regiment were able to tie up the Sixth Bear Regulars with series of well-coordinated 'Mech and AeroSpace Fighter strikes until the Courchevel Trial and Ghost Bear withdrawal.   
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- The planet's name is frequently misspelt as Nykvarm, Field Manual: Updates among the worst example as it includes both spellings in the same book.
- Invading Clans's write-up of the Smoke Jaguar capture conflicts with the later Objective: Draconis Combine account, claiming that all by a few members survived compared to the later accounts claim that all died fighting the Clans and were honored for this fact. 
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 12, "Nykvarn"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 119, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 51, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 124, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Invading Clans, p. 56 - "Wolnet Archive File: 43357-FDS-24/31/7"
- Invading Clans, p. 65 "Clan Smoke Jaguar - Occupation Zone (As of June 3052) - Second Wave - Nykvarm (DC)
- The Dragon Roars, pp.10-11 "Unit Summaries - Operation Bulldog"
- The Dragon Roars, p.13 "Unit Summaries - Clan Smoke Jaguar Defense"
- The Dragon Roars, p.25 "Wave Two: Driving Forward"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 113 "Draconis Combine - Alternate Paths- 6th An Ting Legion (The Thirteenth Hour)"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 115 "Draconis Combine - Legion of Vega and Ryuken"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 61 "Warden Clans - Clan Ghost Bear - Clan Ghost Bar Touman - Omicron Galaxy"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 12, "Luthien Armor Works"