|Manufacturer||Kong Interstellar Corporation|
|Communications System||Barret Party Line-200 w/Guardian ECM Suit|
|Jump Jets||Ostmann Sct-A|
The Ostscout was designed a pure recon 'Mech. To that end, it was built with a maximum speed of 129.6 kph. The design also utilizes eight jump jets, giving it a jumping capacity of 240 meters and allowing it to outmaneuver almost any BattleMech in existence. The Ostscout also relies on an advanced sensor suite to gather information about the surrounding terrain and the disposition of enemy forces. Most Ostscout pilots will not even attempt to engage enemy 'Mechs, as the advanced sensor system is extremely rare and nearly impossible to replace. Its valuable nature made it a prime target during the Succession Wars, and relatively few survived by the Clan Invasion. Soon thereafter, however, several factions began producing the Ostscout once again.
- OTT-7Jb - Used by the SLDF Royal units, the 7Jb is an upgrade that uses Endo Steel to free up enough mass for a Beagle Active Probe. BV (2.0)= 610
- OTT-7K - The -7K Ostscout replaces the Medium Laser with the new TAG laser designator, sacrificing its limited offensive capability to allow it to designate targets for Arrow IV artillery missiles. Otherwise, the -7K Ostscout is identical to the 7J model. BV (1.0) = 372, BV (2.0) = 484
- OTT-9CS - The -9CS model is a complete upgrade of the venerable Ostscout. The 'Mech has been rebuilt from the ground up with an Endo Steel internal structure. In addition, the design uses an extralight engine to free up weight for advanced electronics and weaponry. For self-defense, the -9CS model carries two ER Medium Lasers and an ER Small Laser. For scouting purposes, the 'Mech carries a Guardian ECM suite, a Beagle Active Probe, a TAG laser designator, and an Exeter Longscan 300 w/C3i Computer. BV (1.0) = 734, BV (2.0) = 940
- OTT-9S - The -9S model is also a rebuild of the Ostscout. This model also uses an Endo Steel chassis, as well as Ferro-Fibrous armor. For protection, the 'Mech carries two ER Medium Lasers and two Anti-Personnel Pods to discourage infantry attacks. The electronics carried by this 'Mech include a Beagle Active Probe, Guardian ECM suite, and a TAG laser designator. BV (1.0) = 631, BV (2.0) = 868
- OTT-10CS - Produced by Krupp Armament Works, the -10CS Ostscout saves weight through the use of an XL Engine and an XL Gyro, which gives up durability for more combat payload weight, allowing the 'Mech to jump up to 300 meters through the use of ten Rawlings 45i Improved Jump Jets. The -10CS carries an improved C3 computer to communicate with similarly equipped units and carries two Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers for defensive combat capabilities.
- OTT-11J - This variant is also produced by Krupp Armament Works. The top speed of the 'Mech is close to 150 km/h thanks to an GM 315 XL Engine. It uses eight standard jump jets and Ferro-Fibrous Armor, but removes all the advanced electronic equipment except for a TAG. The weapons and electronics are replaced by a pair of Light PPCs. BV (2.0) = 908
- Ostscout IIC - Clan Jade Falcon began a IIC-style redesign of the Ostscout in 3063. The design proved unsatisfactory, however, and was not put into full production.
- ↑ 1.01.11.21.3Technical Readout: 3039, p. 285
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 107
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 157
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 17
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 53
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 54
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 55
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 56
- ↑ "Boring Recon? No More!"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 235
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 44
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Boondoggles, p.3
- "Boring Recon? No More!"
- Combat Operations
- Record Sheets: 3025 & 3026
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Total Warfare Style Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondoggles