(References to Redfield)
Redfield neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Ruler|| Jerfferson Talbot, Duke of Redfield|
Colonel Isolde Denefer (Military Governor)
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Michael Opser)|
- 2305 - Capellan Hegemony 
- Ca. 2321-2332 - Disputed world (Federated Suns/Capellan Commonality or St. Ives Mercantile League) 
- Ca. 2339-2364 - Capellan Commonality or St. Ives Mercantile League 
- 2366 - Federated Suns 
- 2367 - Federated Suns 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2762 - Federated Suns 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Federated Suns 
- 3025 - Federated Suns 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns 
- 3130 - Federated Suns 
Redfield boasts several large plains well-suited to growing crops and raising herd animals. In addition there are also several native lifeforms that are good sources of food. Unfortunately the most important aspect of Redfield is strategic: the system's star is so small that raiders can arrive at a jump point and be on the ground in a few hours, before the defenders have a chance to react. The wide open plains are also perfect for 'Mech and tank combat. This explains why Redfield has been subject to so many raids by the Capellan Confederation. 
As a border world within the Capellan Hegemony, Redfield was subject to heavy attacks from Kluanian pirates in 2305 and 2306. Hired by the Sarna Supremacy during the Capellan-Supremacy War, the pirates inflicted heavy damage on a number of Capellan border worlds, forcing the Hegemony to constantly redeploy troops to defend it's worlds rather than continuing to stage attacks on Sarna.
The Federated Suns had formed in 2317, and when the Muskegon Empire joined the Federated Suns in 2318, the Federated Suns inherited a dispute with the Chesterton Trade Federation along with a border with at least one Capellan state - and when the Marlette Association joined the Federated Suns in 2324, the Federated Suns shared a border with almost every major nation in the Capellan Zone. That led to numerous border skirmishes and contested worlds, including Redfield. As Terra's power began to rise after James McKenna overthrow the Terran Alliance government and installed the Terran Hegemony, the Redfield system was taken away from the Capellan Hegemony. The Terran Hegemony seized 11 independent worlds within the Capellan Zone between 2316 and 2335, as well as siding with the Federated Suns and Free Worlds League when it came to any disputed sytems - systems which included Redfield and the nearby system of Stein's Folly, as well as several other systems in the area.
Despite the support the Terran Hegemony gave the Federated Suns attempts to annex and keep Redfield, the apparent military weakness displayed by the Federated Suns during the conflict between the Suns and the Chesterton Trade Federation during three years of warfare during the late 2010s and early 2220s encouraged the various major nations of the Capellan Zone to launch attacks against Federated Suns forces on several worlds in and around the region of space dominated by the St. Ives Mercantile League. Despite suffering from growing morale problems and inferior supply lines, Redfield was recaptured and the Federated Suns seemed incapable of retaking the world.
That changed after an alliance of Capellan Commonality, St. Ives Mercantile League and Tikonov Grand Union forces were defeated on Lee in 2363; under the command of Reynard Davion, the Federated Suns military recaptured Refield and held it.
Star League Era
During the border conflict between the Capellan Confederation and Federated Suns in the latter years of the Star League, Redfield was contest again; in 2762 Redfield was retaken by the AFFS when forces from the Avalon Hussars used Vampire DropShips to deploy elite infantry in company strength on and around the various CCAF headquarters on the planet. The infantry promptly broke into the various headquarters and through seizing those facilities, secured control of the system.
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- ↑ 1.01.11.21.220.127.116.11.71.81.9House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 197, "Redfield"
- ↑ 2.02.1House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 14-15, "The Capellan-Supremacy War"
- ↑ 3.03.1House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 19, "Terra Resurgent"
- ↑ 4.04.1Handbook: House Davion, p. 19, "Timeline: New Avalon and Federation"
- ↑ 5.05.1Handbook: House Davion, p. 20, "Capellan Zone Border Wars"
- ↑ 6.06.16.2House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 24, "Muskegon"
- ↑ 7.07.1Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ 12.012.1Technical Readout: 3075, p. 234, "Vampire"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 19-20, "Muskegon and Chesterton"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 20, "Marlette and Tikonov"
- ↑ House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 27, "The War Leader"