Richard Cameron (25th c.)
Richard Cameron was ambitionious man, he also dotted and spoiled his family.
Richard Cameron was originally the illegitimate child of Katherine McQuiston and Brian Cameron. His mother was married at the time with his father's brother, Raymond Cameron. His conception and birth would created a scandal that left his Uncle dead and father nearly strung up on charges of murder and treason.
Early Life and Career
After growing up, he would become a Naval Office in Hegemony Armed Forces Naval branch. He rose up the ranks, to command a Lola Class Destroyer, named the THS Beatrice. His career was cut short with retirement of his Aunt Judith from Directorship.
As Director-General of the Terran Hegemony
The Federated Suns Campaign of 2431 and Erosion of the Semi-Democracy
In 2431, Federated Suns relationship with Hegemony had been deteriorating. Trouble came to the boiling point on Joined-owned world of Cartago. The planet's government had placed a economic sanctions against the Hegemony. The world's population, whom was more loyal to the Federated Suns, claimed Hegemony's oxygen factories were now stripping the planet's of its oxygen. Cashes on the planet, after number clashes on world killed number of people, left it in hands of the Hegemony. Tensions with FedSuns rose more as AFFS forces invasion of the planet were repelled.
Richard choose in an offensive campaign, he would direct his forces to take the FedSun world of Kentares. Despite his forces lacking experienced, they would hand him a victory as Davions were pushed off world. This increased his popularity with Hegemony's public which help leverage him to be able ratify Nomination process which allows him to select his successor in 2432.
Death in the Rocky Mountains
In 2433, Richard had gone a tour of the Hegemony Research Alliance Department (HRAD)'s facilities in the Canada's Rocky Mountains on Terra. There on the tour he suffered from a heart attack and died. His son Jacob, would be voted take his place.
Family & Legacy
Richard would marry Northwind Countess Jessica Dravens, whom would bare him a son, Jacob Cameron. His accomplishments include conquest of Kenteres and amending the nomination progress that would allow sitting Director-General to choose whom they wish to have succeed them.
Titles and Positions
|Director-General of the Terran Hegemony
| Succeeded by|
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 182 Cameron Family Tree - Richard Cameron I's birth, Death and year reign noted.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, pp. 29-30 Richard Cameron I & Jacob Cameron - Jacob profile eludes to Richards behavior to his family. While Richard history of military aggression suggests his ambition
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 25 Raymond Cameron - Richard's birth would herald trouble for his family.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 25 Brian Cameron - Brian marries Richard's mother and claims him as his son.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 29 Richard Cameron I - Brief info on Richard I's adult life and career before Director-General.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 29 Richard Cameron - His notable actions as Director-General.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 30, 182 Jacob Cameron & Cameron Family Tree - Richard Cameron I's death noted. Family Tree gives actual year where write up does not
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, pp. 29-30, 182 Richard Cameron/Jacob Cameron/Family Tree - Richard's legacy and family details.