Salvage Arm is a non-combat actuator which is used to for purposes of handing ammunition, repairs, and salvage. The arm itself has a highly dexterous, light manipulator which is not reinforced for physical attacks.
There are two types of Salvage Arms: 'Mech scale and suit scale.
It was originally developed strictly to be used on Industrial Mechs and its can be used on BattleMechs. It was later developed into being used on smaller industrial robotic suits such as Exoskeletons.
 'Mech scale Salvage Arm
Salvage Arm can lift cargo for short periods of time, but it is not designed for long term lifting cargo like the Lift hoist or Hand Actuators.
It can be used to load ammunition into various vehicles, BattleMechs and other equipment.
 Suit scale Salvage Arm
This a multi-tool device found on Industrial grade exoskeletons and battlefield recovery suits. The arm has a clamp like hand/manipulator and cutting tools. This device use noted being useless in combat situation, but excels in salvage/recovery.
- In TechManual, the article for Salvage Arm notes further uses for the salvage arm would be detailed in the then-upcoming Tactical Operations manual, which contains Advance rules. However, other than entry above, no entry in that manual features any further function for the salvage arm.
 Game Rules
'Mech scale salvage arms may only be used on BattleMechs and Industrial 'Mechs. Exoskeleton manipulator type size salvage arms can be used on all types of biped 'suits.
In Standard Game rules, serves no purposes. However, it can be used in when conducting physical combat when need be. When used, it is treated as having no hand actuator, subjected to penalties of handless arm.
When using the optional rules found in the Tactical Operations, the arm can be used to assist in loading ammunition while under combat conditions during a game
When equipping a 'Mech to have a salvage arm, the 'Mech hand actuator is replaced by it.
Suit sized salvage arms remain operational as long as the suit is not destroyed or the trooper not killed.
- ↑ TechManual, p. 248 - "Salvage Arm" - year of development listed.
- ↑ TechManual, p. 260 - "Manipulators" - Salvage arms listed as manipulator size equipment was developed in 25th Century.
- ↑ Tactical Operations, p. 213, "Rearming under fire": the arm is listed as something that can be used for re-arming equipment
- ↑ TechManual, p. 260: Salvage arms are for exosuits/power armor/battle armor and their capacities
- ↑ Tactical Operations, p. 213, "Rearming under fire": the salvage arm can be used to load ammunition while using advanced optional rules