Born on the planet Kagoshima, Subhash was a childhood friend of Takashi Kurita, the heir and eventual Coordinator of the Draconis Combine. He was enrolled in the ISF's Internal Security College, where he was identified for advanced placement.
Subhash was promoted to Director sometime after Takashi's ascension as Coordinator. He became a formidable force, one of the most feared men in the Combine. Perhaps even more feared than Takashi Kurita himself.
Kurita sent Indrahar to Atreus in 3022 to meet with Janos Marik, Captain-General of the Free Worlds League. The Intelligence Director helped lay the groundwork for the Concord of Kapteyn, which was signed on Terra later that year. 
In the aftermath of the Galtor campaign in 3025, a member of Takashi Kurita's own household who had been compromised defected to the Federated Suns. During his debriefing by Davion intelligence, he suggested that even Takashi was somewhat afraid of Indrahar, and that he watched his words around him. 
As Director of the ISF, Subhash regularly attended the Coordinator's "Black Room" meetings, which otherwise included only the Warlords of the Combine and the Coordinator himself. He assisted Takashi at these meetings by loyally providing intelligence and pointed questions for the Warlords as needed. 
Subhash and the ISF partially supported the machinations of Warlord Grieg Samsonov that led to Wolf's Dragoons destructive departure from the Combine in 3028. However, his motivations for doing so were apparently to bind the Dragoons to remain with the Combine by damaging their reputation and support. When Samsanov and his aide, Jerry Akuma, exceeded these parameters with the obvious intent of destroying the Dragoons, Subhash withdrew the ISF's support, and even ordered Akuma's death. 
Rise of Kokuryu-kai
In August of 3056, Indrahar convened a meeting with his advisers regarding activities of the Kokuryu-kai (aka the "Black Dragon Society") on Luthien. He showed in meeting of the advisers a raid his ISF commandos against Kokuryu-kai meeting, being concern traitors being so close heart of Combine government. Among the decisions he made he dispatched his then heir-designate to ISF leadership, Ninyu Kerai-Indrahar to Hachiman investigate Kokuryu-kai activity there.
Activities on Hachiman
On Hachiman, word from his adopted son lead to Subhash to believe that Chandrasekhar Kurita was acting manner to suggest he was in treason against House Kurita. He authorizes his son, Ninyu to probe into Chandrasekhar's H.T.E. Compound where his hired mercenaries with the 17th Recon Regiment guarding it from attack.
In early October, Ninyu's deployed DEST troops infiltrated the Compound by using Word of Blake raiders. Blakist believing that H.T.E. had discovered the new method of Faster Than Light communication technology. However, the raid is stopped by the mercenaries. 
Marriage and Children
- Subhash Indrahar was likely descended from Clarissa Indrahar, who was the Director of the ISF under Coordinator Shinjiro Kurita. 
|“||Indrahar speaks eight languages fluently. Amazing to think that he learned six of them just so he could interrogate suspects directly.||”|
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 70, "Subhash Indrahar Profile"
- ↑ House Marik (The Free Worlds League) pp. 57-58
- ↑ The Galtor Campaign p. 11 - "The Dragon Moves"
- ↑ Sorenson's Sabres (scenario pack) p. 16
- ↑ Wolves on the Border, pp. 101-107
- ↑ Wolves on the Border, pp. 278-279
- ↑ Close Quaters, pp. 54-59 - Subhash concern of rising problems with Black Dragons and his dispatching his adopted son to investigate their activities on Hachiman.
- ↑ Close Quarters, p. 223-244, 255-257 - Events of first DEST attempt to pentrate Chandrasekhar's facilities.
- ↑ Close Quarters, p. 249-251 - Subhash fears of Uncle Chandy becoming too close to the clans, about to order his disposal for the sake of the Combine.
- ↑ Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 18
- ↑ Wolf Pack
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 146
- ↑ House Kurita Sourcebook pp. 81-82
- ↑ House Marik (The Free Worlds League) p. 57
- 20 Year Update
- Close Quarters (Novel)
- Era Report: 3052
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Heir to the Dragon
- House Kurita Sourcebook
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Sorenson's Sabres (scenario pack)
- Succession Wars (Board Game)
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- The Galtor Campaign
- Wolves on the Border (Novel)
- Wolf Pack