(References to Telos IV)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 43.90 Y: -268.47[e]
- Star Type: K7IV
- Position in System: 4 (of 6)
- Number of Moons: 1 (Sadib)
- Days to Jump Point: 4
- Surface Water: 82%
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Surface Gravity: 0.73
- Equatorial Temp: 44Β°C
- Highest Native Life: Birds
- Capital: Triumph
- Continents: Dulles, Fellin, Haranshire, Rustov
Era Specific Data
- Population: 2,306,000,000
- Governor: Dorothy Kressler
- Planetary Legate: Uther Tamborowchuk
- 2271 - Independent World 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony
- 3025 - Draconis Combine
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3052 - Draconis Combine
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3076 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Telos IV was one of the worlds that was abandoned by the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, but by the end of the Reunification War Telos IV had become one of the worlds within the Lone Star Province of the Terran Hegemony.
The people of Telos IV are known for their stubbornness. This quality is very useful to them as they live on a world that is constantly subject to heavy rainstorms and tornadoes. In fact their stubborn nature led the Draconis Combine to cede the world to the Terran Hegemony after the Combine wasted years trying to force the inhabitants to do what was best for the Combine. Initially the relationship with the Terran Hegemony was also marked by passive resistance and work slowdowns, but when the Hegemony installed several storm inhibitor systems and improved their quality of life, the relationship improved dramatically.
During the Amaris Civil War, the Telosians returned to their methods of passive resistance, which led Amaris to abandon the world after smashing the storm inhibitors and local defense network. When the SLDF arrived, they found a world ready to support Operation Liberation. After the Exodus the world returned to the Draconis Combine. The passive resistance to the Dragon's way of life resumed, preventing the Dragon from making full use of the world's resources. Things improved when Theodore Kurita enacted his reforms however.
Like many worlds, Telos IV was occupied by the Word of Blake during the Jihad, and would remain an occupied world until the beginning of Operation SCOUR, the allied coalition invasion of the Word of Blake Protectorate. Telos IV was the first world to be targeted for liberation in the Draconis Combine wing of the operation, with troops landing on the 5th of February 3077.
Telos IV has four continents: Dulles, Rustov, Fellin, and Haranshire. The capital city, Triumph, is on Dulles.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 42, "Planet Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding ["
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130