|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|BV (1.0)||1,079 (C3: 123)|
The Tessen began as a joint project between the Draconis Combine and ComStar to build a heavy scout 'Mech. The project fell through and was left unfinished until ComStar continued the project independently when they were looking for a new 'Mech to deploy the new improved C3 system when it was initially developed. The Tessen is built on a lightweight Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a lightweight Vlar 300 XL engine, giving the 'Mech a top speed of 97.2 km/h. The Tessen carries an improved C3 computer allowing it to share targeting data with other C3i equipped friendly units. Additionally, the Tessen has an Improved Narc Missile Beacon, allowing it to designate targets for missile attacks from friendly units and a TAG laser designator allowing the Tessen to spot for Arrow IV artillery missile attacks. For protection from enemy fire, the Tessen has nine tons of Durallex Ferro-Fibrous armor with CASE to protect against complete destruction in the event of an ammunition explosion.
For long range combat, the Tessen carries a single Lord's Light ER PPC capable of hitting enemy units at extreme ranges. For close combat, the 'Mech has a single Diverse Optics Type 20P Medium Pulse Laser with which to defend itself.
- TSN-C3 - modified to be integrated into a standard C3 lance, the C3 variant removes the C3i computer and replaces it with a C3 Slave unit. The weight savings allows the Tessen to carry an additional Medium Pulse Laser. BV (1.0) = 1,090 (C3: 140), BV (2.0)=??
- TSN-1Cr - This Jihad-era field refit was based on captured Word of Blake equipment. It replaces the C3i system with a standard C3 Slave and a Guardian ECM Suite. It keeps the Improved Narc Launcher. BV (2.0) = 1,241
- TSN-X-4 - This Tessen variant drops the Ferro-Fibrous armor for Light Ferro-Fibrous. It also removes the C3 and electronics systems of the standard version and replaces them with a Bloodhound Active Probe and Angel ECM Suite. The iNARC system has been replaced by a C3 Remote Dispenser and four tons of ammunition. In a strange twist, the lack of a C3 system means that the Tessen can't take advantage of the network it creates.
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 124
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 125
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 81
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar, p. 4