|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Communications System||Garret T-22 w/C3i|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret D2J (I) w/TAG|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (1.0)||1,079 (C3: 123)|
The Tessen began as a joint project between the Draconis Combine and ComStar to build a heavy scout 'Mech. The project fell through and was left unfinished until ComStar continued the project independently when they were looking for a new 'Mech to deploy the new improved C3 system when it was initially developed. The Tessen is built on a lightweight Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a lightweight Vlar 300 XL engine, giving the 'Mech a top speed of 97.2 km/h. The Tessen carries an improved C3 computer allowing it to share targeting data with other C3i equipped friendly units. Additionally, the Tessen has an Improved Narc Missile Beacon, allowing it to designate targets for missile attacks from friendly units and a TAG laser designator allowing the Tessen to spot for Arrow IV artillery missile attacks. For protection from enemy fire, the Tessen has nine tons of Durallex Ferro-Fibrous armor with CASE to protect against complete destruction in the event of an ammunition explosion.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
For long range combat, the Tessen carries a single Lord's Light ER PPC capable of hitting enemy units at extreme ranges. For close combat, the 'Mech has a single Diverse Optics Type 20P Medium Pulse Laser with which to defend itself.
- This variant introduced in 3077 removes the Medium Pulse Laser, iNarc launcher, and TAG system. In their place are a C3 Master Computer, Snub Nose PPC, and Small Pulse Laser. The ER PPC remains. A MASC system allows this Tessen to briefly reach speeds of 120km/h. BV (2.0) = 1,547
- This Tessen variant developed in 3074 drops the Ferro-Fibrous armor for Light Ferro-Fibrous. It also removes the C3 and electronics systems of the standard version and replaces them with a Bloodhound Active Probe and Angel ECM Suite. The iNARC system has been replaced by a C3 Remote Dispenser and four tons of ammunition. In a strange twist, the lack of a C3 system means that the Tessen can't take advantage of the network it creates.
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 68-69, "TSN-1C Tessen"
- MUL online entry for the Tessen
- Combat Operations, p. 124, "Force Faction Table"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 104
- Field Manual: ComStar, pp. 152-153, "TSN-1C Tessen"
- MUL online entry for the Tessen TSN-1Cr variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 81
- MUL online entry for the Tessen TSN-C3 variant
- Combat Operations, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 105
- MUL online entry for the Tessen TSN-C3M variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 106
- MUL online entry for the Tessen TSN-X-4 variant
- Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar, p. 4, "TSN-X-4 Tessen"